Here we have the new 2018 Fender Parallel Universe Limited Edition '51 Telecaster PJ bass guitar in Blackguard Blonde.
Looking like it just stepped out of a DeLorean time machine, the limited-edition ’51 Telecaster PJ Bass updates a classic design with thunderous modern tone and enhanced feel. The authentic style extends from the distinctive single-ply black pickguard to the dual-concentric volume knobs and vintage spaghetti logo on the headstock—original-era touches brought into the present. It’s punchy, growling, seismic and like nothing you’ve heard or seen before.
Two Custom Shop pickups give this bass its rumbling power—a ‘60s Jazz Bass® single coil bridge pickup and ‘60s P Bass® split-coil middle pickup bring the thunder, shaped by chrome-dome dual-concentric volume controls and a master tone control. The 34”-scale Telecaster bass maple neck has an American Vintage “ ’63 P Bass”-shaped profile, along with a modern 9.5”-radius fingerboard for enhanced playing feel, topped with narrow-tall frets black dot position markers. The HiMass® Vintage bridge uses vintage-style nickel-plated brass saddles for enhanced Fender tone.
A powerful addition to any bassist’s stable, the ’51 Telecaster PJ Bass comes to you straight from the heart of rock ‘n’ roll. Includes a hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out the new 2018 Limited Edition '51 Telecaster PJ Bass at Ken Stanton Music and save today.
- UPC #: 885978860159
- Model Name: 2018 Limited Edition '51 Telecaster® PJ Bass, Maple Fingerboard, BGB
- Model #: 0176092768
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Blackguard Blonde
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster® Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Front, Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Back
- Neck Shape: "1963 C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop '60s Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls: Dual Concentric Volumes, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: PJ
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage-Style Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)
- Case: Hardshell case included