Designed for maximum resonance and unbeatable sonic characteristic.
When SONOR designs drums, their intention is to continuously improve the acoustic quality in any given situation. For SQ1, SONOR worked closely with Chris Coleman and other SONOR artists in the development of this new drum series. The SQ1 series features the revolutionary Sound Sustainer tom isolation bracket, allowing full resonance and sustain while occupying a small footprint on the shell. Made of a 3D printed Hexagon structure, the isolation grommet is inspired by vibration control technology used in the automotive industry. It gives you full resonance without the usual heavy, bulky mount. The shell choice for SQ1 was birch because of its characteristic high-end frequencies and clearly defined low end. In blindfold tests, SONOR tried many different types of shell construction, from pure birch to hybrid versions. The pure birch shell came out as a clear winner in all test situations. Available in several matte lacquer finishes with contrasting bass drum hoops, SQ1 drums look as good as they sound.
- 100% European birch shells
- BD shells: 10 ply, 10 mm; TT and FT shells: 7 ply, 7 mm
- Tunesafe system for maximum tuning stability
- CLTF tension-free shell-forming process
- OSM slightly narrowed outside shell measurements
- 45° bearing edges
- Sound Sustainer mounting system on all toms and floor tom leg brackets
- Dual Glide snare strainer mechanism
- Bass drum hoops with contrasting finishes (Natural Beech and Walnut)
- All bass drums without mount
- Remo USA Ambassador Coated batter heads and Ambassador Clear resonant heads
- Remo USA Powerstroke P3 Clear batter head & Powerstroke P3 Fiberskyn resonant head
Buy your Sonor SQ1 3-Piece Shell Pack from Ken Stanton Music, Atlanta's family owned dealer since 1949. Atlanta's headquarters for drums.
- Bass Drum(s): 22 x 17"
- Tom(s): 12 x 8"
- Floor Tom(s): 16 x 15"
- Total Pieces: 3
- Hardware: Not included
- Cymbals: Not included
- Shell Material: Birch
- Construction: Multi-Ply
- Thickness (mm): Multiple
- Bearing Edge: 45°
- DRUM HARDWARE
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Suspended
- Hoops: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Proprietary
- Finish Type: Lacquer