The most dazzling and expansive collection of sounds ever put into a Korg synthesizer
NAUTILUS pushes the boundaries of what a performance synth and workstation is capable of. With the power of nine engines to drive a new approach to sounds, plentiful sampling, audio recording, effects, and processing power, there is simply no other synth that delivers more to explore sonically, with the workflow to get you there faster than ever. Korg spent years refining all our digital, analog, processing, and hardware technologies and delivering them in a way that helps the musician connect with their instrument. The result is the incredibly powerful, one-of-a-kind NAUTILUS.
New sounds offered over three broad categories
The approach to the included sound on NAUTILUS, started with Korg setting aside our preconceptions of what sound should be like on a conventional music workstation, and instead focused on pushing the boundaries of sampling and programming to create a brand-new classifications of programs that we divide into three groups:
The NAUTILUS brings you distinctive sounds including phrase loops, prepared pianos, found percussion and more. Many seldom heard-of musical instruments found in different regions around the world can be difficult to play, but distinctive phrases played on these instruments are featured on the NAUTILUS. Use these phrases as-is in your songs—let your imagination be your guide. The NAUTILUS features sounds that were sampled for the first time just for this instrument, including prepared piano sounds created by placing different objects between piano strings and recording samples, or “found percussion” sounds made by turning ordinary items into instruments to be struck. Not only do these novel and mysterious sounds provide an unexpected flavor to your songs, they offer broad possibilities for sound effects used in film and TV music as well.
The NAUTILUS also offers the freshest sounds that blend in well with today's music scene, including synths, drum kits, special effects and more. For synths, be sure to check out the EDM, electro and chiptune sounds for starters. Also, the NAUTILUS features more than 50 kinds of drum kits—sounds that most strongly reflect the changes in music over time. The special effect sounds offer useful material like drums added to dance music to create beats—sounds that you can put to use right away.
We’ve brought together all of the most important sounds a workstation needs including piano, electric piano, guitar, bass guitar and more, covering all genres. For the newly sampled piano sound, we’ve also recorded the lovely sonic ambience of the studio, and you can mix the piano and ambience sound as you like with the new ambience sound. A new electric piano model with a characteristic thick sound has been added, which works great for funky playing styles. We’ve also added many phrases that let you play back actual performances of guitar and bass parts that keyboardists will find useful.
A user interface designed for easy operation
For the NAUTILUS, we have completely rethought the user interface, considering that panel controls tend to become denser as more functions are added. The interface of the NAUTILUS lets users find just the things they’re looking for once they understand the principles.
Open Sampling System
Using KORG’s Open Sampling System, NAUTILUS can quickly sample an external audio source, regardless of whether NAUTILUS is in the Program, Combination, or Sequencer modes. The Open Sampling Mode can even resample the performance of the NAUTILUS itself. The user sample bank, which extends the convenience of the EXs sample library to user samples, allows custom samples to be loaded and played, taking advantage of the gigantic SSD capacity.
Free bundle of music software
The NAUTILUS comes with a diverse variety of music software from Izotope including “Ozone Elements” which lets you not only create songs but also master them using AI, “Skoove” which will help you improve your keyboard playing skills, “Reason Lite” DAW software, as well as software synths from KORG and other brands.
In other words, the moment you get your hands on this synthesizer you'll have a variety of tools to help you take your music to the next level.
If you have any questions, give us a call, chat or stop by to check out the New Korg Nautilus 61-Key Music Workstation today.
Available now at Ken Stanton Music.
- GTIN: 4959112195264
- Model: NAUTILUS88
- System: NAUTILUS System Version 1.0
- Keyboard: 88 key: RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3), A - C
- Synthesis Types: 9
- Preset PCM: RAM 496 MB / DISK 2.3G (ROM 1,771 Multi samples, 3,955 Drum samples)
- PCM RAM Capacity: Approx. 2GB
- Wave Sequences: 598 User memory, 377 Preload
- Number of Timbres: 16 Maximum
- User Memory Programs: 2,560 (1,920 [1,280 HD-1+640 EXi] come preloaded)
- User Memory Combinations: 1,792 (256 come preloaded)
- User Memory Drum Kits: 264 (104 come preloaded)
- Number of Set Lists/Slots: 128 set lists, 128 slots per set list
- Insert Effects: 12; Stereo in / stereo out
- Master Effects: 2; Stereo in / stereo out
- Total Effects: 2; Stereo in / stereo out
- Timbre EQ: One 3-band EQ for each timbre/track
- Effect Types: 197
- Modulation: Dynamic Modulation and Common LFO
- Effects Control Busses: Stereo side-chaining for compressors, gates, vocoders, etc
- Effect Presets: Total 783 preset, Maximum 32 per 1 effect (Preset User)
- Disk Mode: Load, save, utility, data filer function (save/load MIDI System Exclusive data), CD-R/RW (UDF format read/write), ISO9660 Level 1.
- Controllers: Joystick, Switches 1 & 2; Arpeggiator Control: On/Off, Latch, Gate, Velocity, Length, Swing, Tempo; DRUM TRACK: On/Off, Swing, Drum SD, Tempo
- DisplayTouch: View graphical user interface, 7 inch color TFT, WVGA (800 x 480 dots), adjustable brightness
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-22kHz, +/-1.0dB, 10k Ω load
- Outputs: L/MONO, R, Individual 1-4; Headphones; USB-B
- Inputs: Audio Inputs 1 and 2; USB-B
- Control Inputs: Damper pedal (half damper supported); Assignable switch, Assignable pedal
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru
- Disk Drives: 60 GB SSD (2.5”)
- Power Supply: AC power supply terminal, Power switch
- Power Consumption: 40 W
- Accessories: AC cord, Quick Start Guide