CREATE - PERFORM - CONTROL
Step up to an unparalleled level of connectivity and control
The SQ-64 is an incredibly powerful and compact Polyphonic Step Sequencer with amazing hands-on intuitive controls and deep editing options to give you all the flexibility and sequencing power needed for all your musical projects.
With its 64 step pad Matrix, Crystal clear OLED display, sturdy and elegant aluminium body, a wealth of connections and a variety of modes and features, the SQ-64 will become the central piece of your music studio providing total and seamless control over all your instruments so you can focus on what matters most; your music!
CONNECTIONS YOU SAID?
Despite its compact size, the SQ-64 has unparalleled connectivity and will allow you to easily control, connect and make the most of all your analog and digital gear. MIDI IN (x1) and OUT (x2), micro USB type B, Sync IN & OUT, 3 Melody tracks each with MODULATION, PITCH and GATE outputs and a DRUM track with 8 individual trigger outputs for controlling analog synths, Eurorack, and drum machines.
Each of the Melody tracks (x3) has 16 Patterns of up to 64 steps each, and the Drum track (x1) has 16 Sub-tracks also with up to 64 steps each, that can be played, chained and edited in a variety of ways.
Melody tracks and patterns can be edited in several modes (GATE, PITCH and MODULATION) so you can alter the information sent by your sequencer on each of these steps in many interesting ways.
The DRUM track outputs can be fine-tuned to match the polarity and voltage of your connected device(s).
Its audio Sync In & Out connections will allow you to seamlessly control all your other Korg gear such as the volca synthesizer series, minilogue, monologue, minilogue xd, prologue and many others!
ONE TO RULE THEM ALL
Whether you are into Analog synths, Eurorack semi-modular synths, Digital drum machines, or do everything on your DAW with digital plugins, the SQ-64 will give you instant and precise hands-on control of each and all of these.
The SQ-64 has 64 beautifully LED-lit Step button pads that not only let you see the whole picture at once, but also allow for super-fast and satisfactory editing with its encoder knobs and dedicated mode buttons that will simplify and speed up your workflow. Each step has graduated lighting; the higher the modulation value, the stronger the button lights up to give you a clear visual on what’s going on in the sequence.
The OLED Display is crystal clear, bright and visible from any angle, so you can have access to all the information you need no matter whether you are making music at home, in the studio or playing live!
The 3 melody tracks include a MODULATION output, so every step on your sequence can be creating complex modulations on your gear of choice, greatly expanding your options and possibilities for sound creation. It has never been easier to create polyphonic chords patterns, melodies, complex poly-rhythms and modulations on the fly and record them as data on each of the 64 project slots available.
The SQ-64 won’t just allow you to create incredible sequences; it packs several features and modes that will let you edit on the fly and play any of your gear real-time.
The 64 pad Matrix can be also be used as a Keyboard, allowing for several layouts to be used for maximum flexibility (several scales can be assigned to any of these and a number of other parameters can be easily changed)
- Keys: Your traditional piano layout.
- Isomorphic: the notes are displayed symmetrically in rows, you can easily transpose the same chord pattern up and down without changing its shape
- Octaves: one scale displayed in 3 different octaves on each row
With its powerful built-in Arpeggiator you can easily bring to life and create interesting patterns out of any of your soft plugins, analog or digital synths, for immediate inspiration.
Break free with 4 alternative sequence playback modes! Reverse, Bounce, Random, and Stochastic can be selected independently and on the fly to each track to add variety and intrigue.
All your patterns can also be freely chained and looped, making this the ultimate device for machine live!
SLEEK, RUGGED DESIGN
Despite its wide array of features, controls and connections, the SQ-64 is just 18mm thick (38mm including the knobs and rubber legs) and is housed in a highly portable and elegant yet robust solid aluminum body that will provide years of reliable service.
Powered through USB or external 9V DC adaptor, a choice of power options offer both versatility and flexibility.
Purchase your Korg SQ-64 Poly Sequencer from Ken Stanton Music, Atlanta's family owned dealer since 1949. We're Atlanta's headquarters for all Korg products.
- GTIN: 4959112198999
- Model: SQ-64
- Sequencer: 64 step sequencer with 3 melodic tracks with up to 8 note polyphony, and 16 monophonic rhythmic tracks
- Tempo: BPM30.0 - 300.0
- MIDI IN connector (φ3.5mm stereo mini-phone jack, use a type-A MIDI converter cable)
- SYNC IN jack (φ3.5mm monaural mini-phone jack, 20V maximum input level)
- MIDI OUT1, 2 connector (φ3.5mm stereo mini-phone jack, use a type-A MIDI converter cable)
- SYNC OUT jack (φ3.5mm monaural mini-phone jack, 10V maximum input level)
- CV GATE output A/B/C jack (φ3.5mm monaural mini-phone jack, 10V maximum output level)
- CV PITCH output A/B/C jack (φ3.5mm monaural mini-phone jack, 10V maximum output level)
- CV MOD output A/B/C jack (φ3.5mm monaural mini-phone jack, 10V maximum output level)
- TRIG output 1~8 jack (φ3.5mm monaural mini-phone jack, 10V maximum output level)
- Power: USB bus power, or DC 9V AC Adapter ([- o +], separately sold)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 341 x 119 x 39 mm / 13.42 x 4.68 x 1.53 inches
- Weight: 1.0 kg / 2.20 lbs
- Included items: Owner’s Manual, USB cable