Zoom H8 Handy Portable Recorder
THE ONLY RECORDER THAT ADAPTS TO YOUR WAY OF CREATING
12 simultaneous recording tracks, interchangeable capsules, and an App-driven touchscreen interface, the H8 is designed to meet all your audio recording needs.
THERE’S AN APP FOR YOUR WORKFLOW
Whether you’re capturing audio on location, recording music, or producing a podcast, the H8 color touchscreen adapts to your project’s needs with three App-driven interface options. All with the touch of your finger.
THE PODCAST APP
The PODCAST App makes high-production quality simple. With dedicated Sound Pads, use the touch screen to trigger sound effects, music beds and more. Choose from 13 high quality sounds or load your own via an SD card.
THE MUSIC APP
The MUSIC App puts all the important controls at your fingertips: audio levels, faders, metering and more. With 10 inputs and 12 tracks, capturing a large group is easy. Mix, overdub, and enhance your recordings with EQ and compression. Connect to Zoom’s Guitar Lab via USB to access an endless assortment of amps and effects.
THE FIELD APP
The FIELD App is ideal for location sound, sound design, conferences, and more. It gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. Adjust input type, lo-cut, compress, limiter, noise gate, and other key settings.
THE MIC CAPSULE
The H8 comes with the Zoom XYH-6 microphone. This capsule provides two matched high-quality unidirectional mics, for capturing signal directly in front of the recorder. With the Zoom mic capsule system you can easily swap capsules to ensure you’re always using the right mic for the job.
You can monitor level meters and hit REC,PLAY, and STOP in each H8 application mode. Just insert the BTA-1 to your H8 and connect to your iOS device.
INPUTS & OUTPUTS
H8 offers 4 XLR inputs with dedicated pad switches and gain control. 2 additional XLR/TRS combo jacks with Hi-Z switches allow you to capture line level signals, microphones, or directly record electric guitars and basses. Monitor tracks using the built-in 1/8” headphone output or connect directly to your camera using the dedicated stereo line output.
MULTI-CHANNEL AUDIO INTERFACE
The H8 is a powerful USB audio interface. Connect via USB to your PC, Mac, or iPad for up to 12 channels of simultaneous recording.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
H8 Handy Recorder
XYH-6 X/Y Mic Capsule
AA Batteries (x4)
- Customized applications for field recording, music and podcasting
- 3 distinct interfaces for field recording, music and podcasting
- Interchangeable input capsules
- 12-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain control knobs and -20dB pads for each input
- Supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides secondary input via a stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Phantom power for all six XLR mic inputs: +24/+48V
- Large color LCD touchscreen display
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 10 hours of operation with 4 AA alkaline batteries
If you have any questions about the Zoom H8 Handy Portable Recorder give us a call, chat or visit us at any of our locations.
Available at Ken Stanton Music
- UPC: 884354023102
- NUMBER OF INPUT CHANNELS 8 (XY mic capsule, 1-4, A, B)
- NUMBER OF OUTPUT CHANNELS 2 (stereo headphone and stereo line)
- MIC IN ZOOM mic connector
- INPUT 1-4 XLR jacks (2: HOT)
- INPUT A/B XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
- USB USB Micro-B(audio interface, mass storage and Guitar Lab connection functions)Note: Use a USB cable that supports data transfer.Operation using USB bus power is possible.
- REMOTE ZOOM BTA-1 or other dedicated wireless adapter
- LINE OUT 3.5 mm stereo mini
- PHONE OUT 3.5 mm stereo mini
- PHANTOM POWER +24 V/+48 V (independent ON/OFF for INPUTS 1–4, A and B)
- RECORDING MEDIA Cards that support SD/SDHC/SDXC specifications
- FORMATS WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereoMP3: 128, 192, 320 kbps
- MAXIMUM SIMULTANEOUS RECORDINGTRACKS 12 (MIC IN, backup recording, 1-4, A, B, and LR)
- Audio Interface
- MULTITRACK MODE 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, 12-in/2-out
- STEREO MIX MODE 44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit, 2-in/2-out
- TUNER Chromatic/Guitar/Bass/Open A/Open D/Open E/Open G/DADGAD
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER 400 mW 8Ω mono speaker
- DISPLAY 2.4 (320×240) full-color touchscreen LCD