Here we have a new Yamaha YOB-441M Duet + Intermediate Oboe.
Duet Plus models employ innovative techniques to form a protective layer next to the air column. The combination of precious wood and state-of -the-art resin is not simply a Duet of tradition and technology - it's a Plus advantage indeed!
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out and save on a new Yamaha Oboe at Ken Stanton Music today.
- UPC: 086792881539
- Model: YOB-441M
- System: Simplified Conservatoire (semi-automatic octave system)
- Key systems: Identical to models without the 'M' suffix
- Mechanical features: Left-hand F key, Fork F resonance key, Low Bb key
- Trill keys: C#-D#, F#-G#, Ab-Bb, A#-B, B-C#, left C-D, right C-D
- Pads: 8 cork, 15 felt pads
- Body material: Grenadilla Insert injected ABS resin (upper joint)
- Key materials: Silver-plated nickel silver keys
- Toneholes: ABS resin (except metal octave vents, upper joint only)
- Insert Molding
- Using patented technology, the injection-molded inner bore is designed to resist cracking while also stabilizing the bore which adds consistency and durability. The upper joint body is drilled out slightly larger around the bore and tone-holes. Thermoplastic ABS resin is injected into the cavity, instantly forming the inner shape of an oboe. It is designed to preserve as much as 90% of the wooden portion, while its natural appearance is hardly distinguishable from conventional all-wooden models.
- Upper-joint tone-holes (except metal octave vents) are molded simultaneously with the resin bore.
- Joint Tenon
- The upper joint tenon is also formed as an extension to the resin bore. This ensures smooth connection between the joints even under moist conditions.
- The gold-colored trademark logo is stamped on the back of the upper joint.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including styrene or diisononyl phthalate (DINP) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.