Piano touch, synth sound and computer/iOS connectivity
Piano Touch And Tone
The MX88 features a Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) weighted action. GHS weighted action has a heavier response in the low keys and a lighter response in the high keys. This provides realistic acoustic piano touch and response. Special matte black key tops absorb moisture and remain tactile after extended use, perfect for long practice or performance sessions.
FULL CONCERT GRAND PIANO VOICE
The Full Concert Grand Piano in the MX88 comes directly from the MOTIF series. With a powerful focused low end, highly-detailed midrange and pristine high end, the Full Concert Grand Piano is perfect for any style of music in any environment.
Don’t sacrifice sound for portability - get the MX88! The MX88 is a lightweight and portable music synthesizer with 88 full-sized, touch-sensitive keys and over 1,000 Voices from the legendary MOTIF.
OPTIMIZED TOUCH CURVE
Uniting the GHS action with the Full Concert Grand Piano Voice is an optimized touch curve. This curve provides the player with a high level of expression, realism and dynamics. This is the only instrument of its kind, designed exclusively by Yamaha.
SOUNDS FOR THE MODERN PIANO PLAYER
Beyond its acoustic qualities, the MX88 features an impressive selection of keyboard voices. Choose from authentic re-creations of classic tine and reed electric pianos or retro tonewheel organs with a rotary speaker effect. There are also punchy and percussive Clav sounds when you want to get funky. This wide variety of sounds makes the MX88 perfect for the stage, studio or worship service.
REALISTIC STRINGS, GUITARS, BASSES AND DRUM KITS
Amazing re-creations of orchestral strings, woodwinds, pipe organs, brass and more make the MX88 an inspirational tool for orchestrators, educators and producers. For the aspiring producer, the highly expressive and playable acoustic and electric guitars, basses, tonewheel organs and drum kits offer a powerful and professional sonic pallete.
MOTIF SOUND ENGINE
MOTIF Sound Engine Voices consist of up to eight Elements. These Elements can be layered for a thick, fat sound or zoned so a different Element plays in different parts of the keyboard. You can also switch between Elements by velocity for extreme dynamics or randomize Elements for anything from subtle variation to experimental sound.
The MX88 is USB audio and MIDI class-compliant, which allows you to record and playback stereo audio to and from your computer or iOS device. This is perfect for recording the MX88 into your DAW and listening to your mixes through speakers or headphones.
However, the MX88 does more than connect to your DAW - it's also a dedicated control surface. Use the onboard transport controls with your DAW and interact with plug-in parameters via the control knobs. There are dozens of built-in Remote Control Templates for interacting with popular soft synths and plug-ins and a 16-channel MIDI interface for using the MX88 as both a keyboard controller and tone generator.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out the new Yamaha MX88 and save today!
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 889025109864
- Model: MX88
- Width: 1320 mm
- Height: 168 mm
- Depth: 405 mm
- Weight: 13.9kg
- Packing Box
- Width: 1,525 mm (60-1/16")
- Height: 279 mm (11")
- Depth: 513 mm (20-3/16")
- Control Interface
- Number of Keys: 88
- Initial Touch: Yes
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 parts (Internal)
- Wave: Approx.166 MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- Performance: User: 128 (16 parts)
- Tone Generator
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Voices: Preset: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits, GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit, User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
- Effects: Reverb x 9 types (42 presets), Chorus x 17 types (88 presets), Insertion Effect x 48types (267 presets) x 4, Master EQ (5 bands)
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Songs: 27 Demo Songs
- Patterns: 208 Patterns
- Arpeggio: 999 types
- Sequence formats: SMF Format 0 (playback only)
- Sequence Software compatible with the Remote Control function: For Windows: Cubase 8 or later, SONAR X2 Producer For Mac: Cubase 8 or later, Logic Pro X, Digital Performer 9 *Functions to be controlled differ depending on the software
- Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel x 1, Modulation Wheel x 1, Assignable Knob x 4, [DATA] dial x 1
- Display: 3-digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (backlit)
- Connectors: OUTPUT [L / MONO] / [R] (standard phone jack), [PHONE] (standard stereo phone jack), [FOOT CONTROLLER], [SUSTAIN], MIDI [IN] / [OUT], USB [TO HOST] (Class Compliant support)/ [TO DEVICE], [AUX IN], DC IN
- Power Supply: 9 W
- Accessories: AC adaptor (PA-150B or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha), Owner' Manual, Cubase AI Download Information
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including styrene or diisononyl phthalate (DINP) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.