DTX flagship model that boasts the beauty of real drums
The DTX10 Series is the flagship of the DTX lineup, combining the functionality of electronic drums with the sheer beauty of their acoustic counterparts.
Featuring real drum sounds and real-room ambience recorded in world-renowned studios, playability that allows you to create sounds intuitively, inspiring feel and expressiveness and the true beauty of real birch shells with the same finishes used on acoustic drums, the DTX10 Series was born from the technology and sensibilities that Yamaha has cultivated over its many years of crafting drums.
Real sounds that drive the drummer
No compromise has been made in recording the sound of the instruments themselves. DTX-PROX sounds have been fine-tuned to naturally follow the drummer’s performance and allow for maximum expression.
The acoustic drum sounds built into the DTX-PROX are all real sounds recorded in some of the best recording studios in the world. As well as recording the direct drum sounds, the unique natural room ambience of the studios where they were recorded was also sampled.
Performances by leading Yamaha drums artists were recorded and mixed by a team of recording engineers to give the final instrument samples. The project sound director, an electronic musical instrument development professional, specified exacting recording techniques to capture the full detailed sound of each drum and cymbal, from the initial attack, until the very end of the natural sound.
The drum pads, the drummer’s interface with their instrument, have been carefully matched to the DTX-PROX Module to offer excellent expressive capabilities.
- Faithful reproduction of real sound and ambience recorded in world-renowned studios
- KIT MODIFIER featuring AMBIENCE, COMP, EFFECT knobs to easily create your own sound
- DTX-PROX module features "Live Set" capabilities to recall prearranged kits, tempos and audio files with one touch
- LED Rotary Faders changes various settings quickly and intuitively
- Beautiful wood shells molded and finished at the Yamaha Drum factory
- Dual-ply Mesh head from REMO provide a quiet, durable playing surface that can be tuned to personal playing preference
- Ride cymbal pad has positional sensing for more expressive playing
- Individual Out terminal outputs up to eight sounds, AUX IN terminal which can input monitor sound from PA
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth to play along with songs
- USB terminal can send/input audio and MIDI data to smart devices or PC
- Built on Yamaha’s interchangeable hardware, including the Hexrack system delivering top level flexibility and strength
- Record, edit and mix with downloadable Cubase AI software included
- Bass drum pedal sold separately
If you have any questions, give us a call, chat or stop by to check out a Yamaha DTX10K Electronic Drum Kit today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 4013175230314
- Model: DTX10K
- Pad Sets
- Snare: XP125SD-X (12-inch TCS pad with 2-zone)
- Tom Pad: XP105T-X (10-inch TCS pad with 2-zone)
- Floor Tom Pad: XP125T-X (12-inch TCS pad with 2-zone)
- Kick Pad: KP128 (12-inch mesh pad with multi-layer cushion)
- Hi-Hat Pad: RHH135 (13-inch pad with 2-zone)
- Crash Cymbal 1: PCY135 (13-inch pad with 3-zone)
- Crash Cymbal 2: PCY155 (15-inch pad with 3-zone)
- Ride Cymbal: PCY175 (17-inch pad with 3-zone)
- Hi-Hat Stand: HS740A
- Snare Stand: SS662 (snare stand for 12")
- Footprint (Average): 1,100 mm x 1,600 mm
- Weight: 46.77 kg
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including styrene or diisononyl phthalate (DINP) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.