Recreation of a classic design.
The WA-47jr is a modernized version of the legendary classic 47 microphone, cherished for its timeless sound on numerous hit records over the past half-century. With its fully discrete design, three selectable polar patterns, and versatility across various applications including professional studios, home studios, live performances, and broadcasting, the WA-47jr delivers exceptional performance. Its remarkable sound quality shines on vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, bass, drums, piano, strings, brass, woodwind instruments, and more.
Featuring a meticulously crafted custom k47-style capsule, the WA-47jr faithfully reproduces the hole pattern and frequency response of the vintage design. Manufactured with precision and consistency by an esteemed Australian capsule manufacturer, this capsule plays a vital role in capturing the distinctive tone and signature of the WA-47jr. By combining this true 47-style capsule with a low-noise and discrete signal path, the WA-47jr achieves a remarkably similar sonic character to the classic 47 microphone, all at a more accessible price point.
The WA-47jr circuit incorporates high-quality Toshiba FETs, Wima film capacitors, and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors, ensuring exceptional performance. While the circuit is simplified compared to the original 47 tube microphone, the choice of premium components and meticulous craftsmanship results in a memorable sound quality that lives up to the reputation of its iconic predecessor.
- Choose from 3 polar patterns
- 70Hz high-pass filter to reduce rumble and other subsonic information
- -10dB pad switch is available
- Package includes microphone, shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out and save on a Warm Audio WA-47jr-BLK FET transformerless condenser microphone today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- FET Transformerless 47 style condenser microphone
- Custom True 47 Capsule Reproduction (K47 Style)
- Model# WA-47-B-80v
- Capsule Makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 Microns NOS Mylar (PET Film).
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight and omnidirectional
- Pad: -10db
- High-Pass Filter: 70Hz
- Self-Noise: 9dBA
- Dynamic Range: 138dBA
- Fully Discrete Signal Path, Toshiba FET’s, Wima Film Capacitors, Panasonic Electrolytic Capacitors
- Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms
- Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
- Equivalent Noise: 10dBA (IEC651)
- External IEC Grounded PSU
- Total Weight: 1.1 lb.
- Mic Diameter: 52 mm
- Mic Length: 210 mm
- Includes: Shockmount, hard mount, zipper storage pouch