Unleash The Beast!
The TB12 Tone Beast Black is a fully professional preamp design with loads of gain that can effortlessly capture an array of sources very well. It is a swiss army knife full of options and tones. With top notch CineMag transformers and multiple discrete signal paths, it's hard to beat the Tone Beast's big, bold, fully-professional sound at this price.
The Tone Beast Black is a mic pre that likes to be pushed and when pushed will colorize your signal ever so sweetly. The 2 opamps and 2 output transformers at the flip of their switches won't appear to be much different, but as one drives the pre into harmonic distortion, the unique character of each of these components becomes apparent. The Tone Beast Black is customizable and allows users to source and swap in their own opamps. The output control on the TB12 allows you to limit the signal exiting the preamp even when pushing the gain to really hot levels, giving you maximum control.
When designing the TB12 Tone Beast Black our goal was to make a microphone preamplifier affordable and jam packed full of options, without compromising the quality and design parameters that make this type of microphone preamplifier so desirable.
The TB12 "Tone Beast Black" is a fully discrete, high-voltage microphone preamplifier, utilizing CineMag USA Transformers. Have no fear of hurting the Beast, you can push it very hard into full-on distortion if you wish, and these can sound quite nice on electric guitar, bass or anything else that likes some grit.
The different component options in the TB12 are subtle, but when driven into saturation are noticeable and can make a big difference to the way your final mix will sound. Home-based musicians and professional studios alike will find the Tone Beast Black to be an extremely powerful and fully professional piece of gear that is capable of warming and shaping signals/mixes in a way that is very pleasing to the ear.
Purchase your Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast from Ken Stanton Music, Atlanta's family owned dealer since 1949. Atlanta's headquarters for Warm Audio gear.
- UPC: 639713908251
- Model: TB12
- Utilizes premium grade CineMag USA Transformers.
- 71db of gain.
- Transformer selection provides both Steel and 50% Nickel CineMag output transformers for varying character.
- Transformer bypass switch allows for removal of the output transformer from the circuit.
- Discrete Opamp selection allows for choosing between a 1731(vintage) and 918(cleaner) style Opamp. These are socketed/swappable with your choice of 2520 6 pin footprint opamps.
- Impedance switch labeled TONE to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance.
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete operational amplifier. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4″ output jack.
- Capacitor selection between Tantalum and Electrolytic for different characters.
- 80 Hz hi-pass filter.
- Polarity Reverse.
- +48V phantom power.
- Output attenuation allowing for saturation flexibility of both the opamps and transformers.
- ¼ insert for the use of inline compressors