DescriptionTaylor Builder's Edition 816ce Grand Symphony Acoustic Electric Guitar V-Class
Builder's Edition 816ce
Leading the way for our newly redesigned Grand Symphony body shape, the Builder’s Edition 816ce highlights the transformative Taylor design philosophy with lovingly crafted contours, an expansive acoustic tone, and player-focused enhancements. The ultimate playing experience begins with Indian rosewood back and sides paired with a Lutz spruce top, offering all the low-end warmth and sparkle you’d expect from the classic rosewood/spruce combination with additional bloom and resonance added by V-Class bracing.
But this Builder’s Edition model truly shines in the details, starting with its most significant innovation: the soundport cutaway. Crafted to resemble a partial Florentine cutaway, the design keeps the guitar’s full back intact while still allowing easy access to the high-register frets. The additional soundhole adds a truly new dimension of acoustic sound, creating a wide-angle sound that would fit as well in a classical orchestra as it would a rock band or a fingerstyle solo act.
For aesthetics, we’ve appointed this model with a host of our most player-centric features, including figured maple binding with chamfered edges and rosewood edge trim, a single-ring rosette in green abalone, Windansea inlays in shell and mother-of-pearl, and ultra-precise Gotoh 510 tuners in antique gold. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe Taylor hardshell case.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out this Taylor Builder’s Edition 816ce Grand Symphony acoustic electric guitar today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 887766105749
- Model: Builder's Edition 816ce
- Body shape: Grand Symphony
- Top wood: Lutz spruce
- Body wood: Indian Rosewood
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Cutaway: N/A
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16 1/4"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Rock Maple
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: Natural
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Windansea
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Maple
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Windansea
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: Maple/Indian Rosewood
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown