DescriptionTaylor Builder's Edition 614ce WHB Grand Auditorium V-Class Acoustic Electric Guitar Wild Honey Burst
Builder's Edition 614ce WHB
Our Builder’s Edition design concept is guided by our desire to elevate the guitar-playing experience to a new level of refinement in both sound and feel. Inspired by the sonic advances of our V-Class bracing, Taylor design architect Andy Powers has applied his envelope-pushing touches to similarly enhance the playing comfort. With the maple/torrefied spruce Builder’s Edition 614ce, we’ve paired V-Class bracing with player-friendly contouring to create a wonderfully ergonomic feel.
Smooth details include a beveled armrest with beveled body edge treatment; a contoured cutaway with a finger bevel for extra fretting ease up the neck; gold Gotoh 510 tuners that sport a luxurious feel and 21:1 gear ratio; and our Silent Satin finish, which reduces incidental noise while playing.
Tonally, the combination of V-Class bracing, our Grand Auditorium body style, and the maple/torrefied spruce wood pairing together translate into an incredibly responsive guitar. V-Class’s sonic improvements — more volume and sustain, more harmonic agreement between notes, and remarkable consistency in the fullness of notes everywhere on the fretboard — give maple’s sonic transparency a remarkably player-reflective character, allowing the guitar to sound warm, bright or whatever the player decides to bring to it.
The touch sensitivity is enhanced by our proprietary roasting process for the torrefied Sitka spruce top, which lowers the damping effect and delivers a more played-in tone. Striking aesthetic details include a new Wild Honey Burst on the top, back, sides and neck, our mother-of-pearl Sceptor fretboard/peghead inlay, and inset maple/black body purfling with matching rosette.
The guitar comes equipped with our ES2 electronics and ships in a deluxe hardshell case.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out the Taylor 614ce WHB Builder’s Edition acoustic electric guitar today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 887766102960
- Model: 614CE-BE-WHB
- Body shape: Grand Auditorium
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce
- Body wood: Maple
- Cutaway: Beveled cutaway
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Body Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2 or 3 piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: Beveled, no binding
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Wood/Fiber
- Stain/Sunburst: Wild Honey Burst Top/Back/Sides/Neck
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: yes
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Scepter, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: Sapele/Black Underlay
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Scepter, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown