Taylor Builder's Edition 517e WHB Grand Pacific acoustic electric guitar in Wild Honey Burst with a hardshell case.
Builder's Edition 517e WHB
A gorgeous Wild Honey Burst together with an artfully muted Silent Satin finish conjure the warm aesthetic of an older guitar on this version of our mahogany/torrefied spruce Builder’s Edition 517e.
Among the first generation of Grand Pacific guitars, this flattop pairs a refined feel with a new flavor of acoustic tone that may surprise players who think they know the Taylor sound. An exciting new entry into the dreadnought category, this round-shoulder Grand Pacific resonates with a finely-honed balance of low-end power and clarity across the middle and upper registers, producing warm, rounded tone in which notes blend seamlessly together to create a seasoned sound. Back and sides of neo-tropical mahogany flavor the sound with dry, woody character, coupling beautifully with the dynamic response of the torrefied Sitka spruce top.
The Builder’s Edition stamp means that the 517e is detailed with premium features designed to maximize player comfort, including chambered body edges and a new compound-carve neck profile that compensates for the change in your hand position as you move along the neck.
Subtly contoured fretboard edges and a rounded, ridgeless heel add to the guitar’s pleasing fretting-hand feel, while our refined Curve Wing bridge shape brings extra comfort to your pick hand. Under the hood, V-Class bracing enables the guitar to pump out stunning projection and sustain, plus nearly perfect intonation, which means you won’t have to worry about sour notes on the fretboard. And with our proprietary onboard ES2 electronics, the guitar’s many tonal virtues will shine for amplified applications.
Between its sound and feel, the Builder’s Edition 517 once again raises the bar on the Taylor playing experience.
If you have any questions, about this beautiful Taylor Builder's Edition 517e WHB Grand Pacific acoustic electric, give us a call today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 887766093848
- Model: Builder’s Edition 517e WHB
- Body shape: Grand Pacific
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Body wood: Tropical mahogany
- Stain/Sunburst: Wild Honey Burst Top, Blackwood Stain Back, Sides, Neck
- Cutaway: None
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Body Length: 20”
- Body Width: 16”
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Body Binding/Edge Treatment: Sapele
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Black Sapele/Maple
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Arrowheads, Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony~ Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Arrowheads, Grained Ivoroid
- Peghead Logo: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral