Roland V-Combo VR-730 live performance keyboard features a 73-note waterfall keyboard with a smooth vintage look and feel delivering killer organ, piano, electric piano and synth sounds.
The V-Combo VR-730 delivers top-quality organ, electric piano, acoustic piano, and synth sounds in a travel-ready instrument with a 73-note waterfall keyboard. You don’t need to carry around that heavy vintage combo organ, rotary speaker, and traditional EP anymore—the VR-730 gives you the essential sounds and authentic playability you need while saving your back. The onboard organs faithfully respond to classic techniques, while the historic electric pianos—which include a selection from the acclaimed RD-2000 Stage Piano—offer impeccable tone and touch. And with the smart user interface and direct access controls, you can focus on playing without being bothered with fussy adjustments and complicated settings. The V-Combo VR-730 is the perfect instrument for pro performers on the move, providing versatile, gig-ready sounds in a highly mobile package.
With the VR-730, you’re able to deliver authentic organ performances with all the tonal characteristics of revered vintage combo organs. Roland’s latest Virtual Tone Wheel Organ engine faithfully emulates the sound-generating process of a real tone wheel organ in every way, while nine harmonic bars provide classic hands-on tone control. Rotary effects are vital to the combo organ sound, and the VR-730’s three genre-oriented types make it simple to call up the right rotary tone for any style, from gospel and pop to jazz and rock. You can also deepen the sound further with the Twin Rotary effect, add some grit with tube-style overdrive, or call up the ring modulator for a more aggressive sound.
Piano is a cornerstone sound for live playing, and the VR-730 provides a wide selection for covering all musical styles. Many historic electric piano are on board, including a selection derived from the RD-2000. You can also spice up your EPs with vintage effects like phaser, tremolo, touch wah, and tape delay. The gorgeous acoustic grand piano features 88-note stereo multi-sampling, delivering pro-level tone that rivals Roland’s dedicated stage pianos. The VR-730’s easy-access compressor effect works great with the piano sounds, ensuring that your playing always cuts through when performing with loud bands and big ensembles.
The VR-730 is packed with a ton of ready-to-play synths, from Roland analog classics like JUNO strings and JUPITER pads to textured, modern-era digital tones and beyond. There are lots of fat, analog-style lead and bass tones to choose from as well, plus organic ‘80s-era synth sounds from Roland’s famous D-50. The 200-plus sounds cover a wide range of styles and genres, and are organized into dedicated one-touch categories like Lead, Bass, Pad, Strings, and more for fast access.
Roland’s Axial site is the official tone library home for downloading new sounds for Roland keyboards. Specially designed by top programmers, “The Cover Band Collection” for the VR-730 provides dozens of patches inspired by popular songs, giving you lots of ready-to-play sounds for all types of gigs. Be sure to check Axial often, as we’re always adding new sounds for the VR-730 and other Roland instruments.
The free VR-09 Editor app for iPad gives you powerful, intuitive control of the VR-730’s organ and synth sound engines via your tablet’s full-color touchscreen interface. Quickly edit organ sounds and customize vintage tone wheel characteristics such as leakage, click noise, and rotary speed, and easily access synth sounds to build custom tones and layers. After tweaking sounds at home, you can take your iPad to the gig and use the app for extra real-time control on stage. Cable-free communication between the VR-730 and iPad is simple to set up with Roland Wireless Connect. Alternately, you can link up with a standard USB cable using the appropriate adapter for your specific iPad model.
If you have any questions about the Roland V-Combo VR-730 live performance keyboard, give us a call today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 761294511398
- EAN: 4957054511395
- Model: VR-730
- Professional performance instrument with essential sounds for gigging musicians
- 73-note waterfall keyboard with semi-weighted action for authentic organ and electric piano performances
- Mobile, easy-to-carry design weighs just 21 lb. 14 oz./9.9 kg and runs on AC or battery power Instant access to organ, piano, and synth sounds via dedicated panel sections
- Virtual Tone Wheel Organ reproduces authentic vintage organ sounds
- Three onboard rotary effects, including a newly developed rock rotary type with cutting presence for performing with loud bands
- Vintage electric pianos and rich acoustic grand pianos; EPs include a selection from the RD-2000
- Wide selection of SuperNATURAL Synth tones, from vintage classics to modern essentials
- Expand the onboard sound library with free downloads from Roland’s Axial website
- Traditional vintage look with wood side panels
- Free iPad editor app for customizing organ and synth sounds
- Seven simultaneous effects with dedicated real-time controls
- Enhance performances and practice sessions with rhythm patterns, metronome, looper, USB audio recording/playback, and other built-in features