Our flagship portable piano, with premium features throughout.
For high-end piano performance in a portable instrument, there’s no better choice than the Roland FP-90X. Like the rest of the FP-X series, it features a slim and stylish cabinet that’s easy to transport. But when you invest in this range-topping model, you’re getting an instrument that represents the pinnacle of Roland’s acclaimed piano technology. From the addictively playable PHA-50 hybrid keyboard and Pure Acoustic Piano Modeling from our premium pianos, to custom tone shaping and deep sound immersion from the onboard speaker system, the FP-90X delivers the ultimate FP-X experience.
Roland’s finest acoustic pianos, customizable for your touch.
While all FP-X series pianos provide highly authentic tone, the FP-90X goes beyond. With astonishing accuracy, Roland’s Pure Acoustic Piano Modeling sound engine reproduces every aspect of how the rich, resonant sound of an acoustic grand piano is created. Choose from elegant Concert and dynamic Stage pianos via eight ready-to-play variations. Then dive deeper with the onboard Piano Designer, personalizing the sound like a piano technician through a range of easy-to-adjust parameters. And with My Stage and Pure Acoustic Ambience, you can instantly immerse yourself in a variety of realistic environments, from studios to concert halls. The FP-90X’s piano tones are almost infinite—and each is the best in its class.
Dive into immersive sound with the powerful four-speaker system.
With a high-fidelity onboard sound system that projects your music from every angle, no other FP-X series piano can match the sonic depth and wide dynamic range of the FP-90X. A pair of powerful woofers and twin dome tweeters work in harmony with special vents in the cabinet’s back, producing a deep sound field that fully envelops the playing position. In addition to home playing, this full-range system makes the FP-90X a powerful and flexible choice for intimate live performances. And just as important for private practice is the Headphones Acoustic Projection feature, giving you that same thrill of immersion with tone that seems to fill the room—even when nobody else can hear it.
All the feel of an acoustic grand, without the maintenance.
The FP-90X’s PHA-50 keyboard—also found in Roland’s top-level home pianos—is an innovative hybrid that gives you the best of both worlds, combining the feel and texture of acoustic piano keys with unbeatable durability. The warm touch of the wood sides will be instantly familiar to seasoned players, while the composite center frame extends from the front of the keys to the back for a stable, assured touch. A crafted hammer action mechanism ensures authentic response, while the look and feel of ivory and ebony are reproduced in minute detail. It’s just like playing a traditional acoustic grand—minus the regular maintenance.
Heavyweight features in a portable format.
The FP-90X fuses its powerful features into a stylish format that works for modern musicians at home or on the move. With compact dimensions and surprisingly light weight for a hammer-action instrument, it shifts easily around your living space and stores easily in a closet or vehicle. You can supplement your FP-90X by adding a KSC-90 stand and KPD-90 three-pedal unit for a traditional upright experience, or with the portable KS-20X stand and RPU-3 pedal unit for gigging.
Enhance your music making with Bluetooth and USB.
The FP-90X’s best-in-class piano features are just the start. Via Bluetooth audio, you can stream music from a phone or tablet through the piano’s sound system and jam along. And with Bluetooth MIDI, you’re able to connect with fun music composition apps like Roland’s Zenbeats or Apple’s GarageBand. If you like to sing, connect a microphone, add effects, and amplify your vocals through the speakers, and capture them along with your piano playing using the onboard recorder. The FP-90X even features USB audio/MIDI connectivity, allowing you to interface with computers and record tracks in professional music production software.
If you have any questions, give us a call, chat or stop by to check out and save on a new Roland FP-90x Digital Piano at Ken Stanton Music today.
- UPC: 761294509098
- Model: FP-90x
- Piano Sound: Pure Acoustic Piano Modeling
- Max. Polyphony: Piano:Limitless (Solo playing using No.1 to No.8 tones in piano category)
- Other: 256
- Piano: 20 tones
- E.Piano: 18 tones
- Organ: 18 tones
- Strings/Pad: 27 tones
- Synth/Other: 279 tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
- Pure Acoustic Ambience Type: Studio, Lounge, Concert Hall, Wooden Hall, Stone Hall, Cathedral
- Depth: 11 types
- My Stage: 12 types
- Keyboard: PHA-50 Keyboard: Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel (88 keys)
- Speakers: 8 x 12 cm (3-3/16 x 4-3/4 inches) x 2 (with speaker box)
- Dome Tweeters: 2.5 cm (1 inches) x 2
- Rated Power Output: 25 W x 2; 5 W x 2
- Headphones: Headphones Acoustic Projection
- Audio: Bluetooth Ver 3.0 (Supports SCMS-T content protection)
- MIDI: Bluetooth Ver 4.0
- Compatible Android / iOS Apps (Roland)
- Piano Every Day
- Piano Designer
- *Support for the app may be terminated without prior notice.
- Playable Software
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1)
- Audio File (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, MP3: 44.1 kHz, 64 kbps - 320 kbps, requires USB flash drive)
- Recordable Software
- Standard MIDI Files (Format 0, 1 part, Approx. 70,000 notes memory)
- Audio File (WAV: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear format, requires USB flash drive)
- Internal Songs: 34 Songs
- Touch Sensitivity
- Key Touch: 100 types, fixed touch
- Hammer Response: 10 types
- Master Tuning: 415.3--466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Temperament: 10 types (Equal, Just Major, Just Minor, Pythagorean, Kirnberger I, Kirnberger II, Kirnberger III, Meantone, Werckmeister, Arabic), selectable temperament key
- Equalizer (3-band digital equalizer)
- Only for organ tones: Rotary Speaker Effect
- Only for E.Piano tones: Modulation Speed
- Mic Effects:
- Piano Designer:
- Key Off Noise
- Hammer Noise
- Duplex Scale
- Full Scale String Resonance
- Key Off Resonance
- Cabinet Resonance
- Soundboard Type
- Damper Noise
- Soft Pedal Type
- Single Note Tuning
- Single Note Volume
- Single Note Character
- Convenient Functions
- Metronome (adjustable Tempo/Beat/Down beat/Pattern/Volume/Tone)
- Tempo Coach
- Auto Tempo
- Transpose (Keyboard/Song: in semitones)
- Registration (45 registrations, capable of pedal shift)
- Registration Set
- Split (split point adjustable)
- Twin Piano
- Tone Demo
- Auto Off
- Display: Graphic LCD 132 x 32 dots
- Volume slider
- Equalizer sliders (Low/Mid/High)
- Part sliders (Lower/Upper)
- Song Vol. slider
- Mic Vol. slider
- Speaker switch
- Mic Gain knob
- DC In jack
- Pedal (Damper/R, Sostenuto/C *1, Soft/L *1) jacks: TRS 1/4-inch phone type
- Input Stereo jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Output (L/Mono, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Mic Input jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- USB Computer port: USB B type (supports USB MIDI/AUDIO)
- USB Memory port: USB A type
- Phones jack x 2: Stereo miniature phone type, Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI (Out, In) connectors
- *1: Assignable
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Power Consumption:
- 40W (When using the included AC adaptor)
- *Approximate power consumption when playing the piano at medium volume: 14W
- Power consumption when sound has not been played after power-on: 12W
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Music rest
- Damper pedal (DP-10, capable of continuous detection)