DescriptionRadial Engineering IceCube IC-1 Balanced XLR Line Isolator
Balanced XLR Line Isolator
The IceCube is a balanced line-level isolator designed to quickly eliminate hum and buzz from an audio system by simply inserting it into the signal path.
Eliminate ground loops quickly
The IceCube is an ideal problem solver for today's AV technicians and audio engineers, providing an easy way to insert an isolation transformer into the signal path to remove hum and buzz from ground loops, with a ground lift switch for additional noise reduction. Simply connect it between any two line-level devices, such as a mixer and a powered speaker, or a crossover and a power amp. The IceCube will eliminate ground loop noise without limiting the audio bandwidth or introducing phase shift, and it can handle hot signal levels without distortion.
Isolating the DJ mixer from a console
Plug a couple of IceCubes in between the DJ mixer and the main PA to rid the system from hum or buzz caused by ground loops. Standard XLR connections make it easy.
Isolating a crossover from a power amp
Eliminating noise problems can take hours of troubleshooting. The IceCube takes the hassle out of the equation with a plug and play solution that works every time.
Isolating a console from a remote tower
When distant power systems power equipment it often leads to noise, due to voltage fluctuations and ground contamination. The IceCube isolates the system to reduce noise.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out our selection of Radial gear today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 676101043460
- Model: IceCube IC-1
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20 KHz (+/- 1dB)
- Dynamic range: >135dB
- Maximum input: 15dBu
- Gain: 0dB / -5.7dB 10K / 600 Ohm Load
- Clip level: 25dBu
- Equivalent input noise: 110dBu
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.002% @ -10dBu
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.0006% 1KHz @ -10dBu
- Input impedance: 8.66k with 10k load
- Output impedance: 600 Ohm nominal
- Transformer: Custom made Eclipse
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR configuration: AES standard: Pin-1(Gnd), Pin-2(+), Pin-3(-)
- Connectors: XLR-FEMALE input; XLR-MALE output
- Construction: 16 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x D) 4.2 x 1.32 x 1.6 (107 x 34 x 41mm)
- Weight: 0.40lbs (0.18kg)
- Power: Passive