Vintage Heart with Modern Playability
Note wood grain on lower left bout. This is not cosmetic damage.
The McCarty 594 is a versatile, vintage-inspired instrument that is effortlessly playable. Featuring a bound 22-fret Pattern Vintage neck and slightly thicker back for more enhanced tone and sustain, the McCarty 594 plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar you’ve been playing forever. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet single-coil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to its 58/15 LT pickups, which have now been through the TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) process, and dual volume and push/pull tone controls. A zinc two-piece bridge and vintage-style tuners anchor this guitar and stay true to the promise of the McCarty family.
“One of my sayings is that everything that touches the string is God – well, that’s really the bridge, the nut, and the tuners. The updates to the McCarty family make a huge difference in their tone. The guitar sustains longer and the tone has more character,” said Paul Reed Smith.
In the late 1980’s, Paul Reed Smith called on Ted McCarty to consult with him on guitar design and production techniques. He not only served as a mentor but became a great friend of Paul and everyone he met at PRS. In 1994, PRS released the first McCarty, an instrument that incorporated the full spectrum of techniques and knowledge Paul had gained from Ted as well as his own experiences as a guitar builder.
If you have any questions about this gorgeous PRS McCarty 594 10-Top in Quilted Charcoal Burst, give us a call or chat today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 825362097785
- Model: 594-10TOPQCB
- Color: Charcoal Burst
- Body Construction: Solid body
- Top Wood: Quilted 10-top Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Top Carve: Violin
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24.594”
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: One-Piece
- Truss Rod: PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape: Pattern Vintage
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 7/8"
- Neck Of Fretboard At The Nut: 1 11/16"
- Neck Of Fretboard At The Body: 2 1/4"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood w/ Faux Bone Binding
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Headstock Logo: Signature, Inlaid
- Treble Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Bass Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Controls: Two Volume and Two Push/Pull Tone Controls with 3-Way Toggle Switch on Upper Bout
- Bridge: PRS Two-Piece
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Nut: Bone
- Truss Rod Cover: "McCarty"
- Strings: PRS Signature 10-46
- Tuning: Standard (6 String): E, A, D, G, B, E
- Case: Hardshell Case included