Nord Piano 5 88 Stage Piano Keyboard Organ Synth
The latest edition of Nord's award-winning Piano series is equipped with dual piano engines, dual sample synths and twice the memory of the previous generation.
With the combination of a premium Triple Sensor keybed and their exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology, the portable Nord Piano 5 delivers an exceptional playing experience.
Two independent Pianos and Sample Synths
The Piano and Sample Synth sections of the Nord Piano 5 each contain two independent Layers. The two Pianos and two Sample Synths can be used simultaneously in a variety of split or Layer configurations. Combined with the versatile effects routing, a wide range of combinations can be achieved - from classic ensemble settings to rich soundscapes. The LED equipped Level controls allow for quick and precise balancing of all Layer volume levels. A Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal can be assigned to each Layer.
Live focused design
The Nord Piano 5 has dedicated dials and buttons for full hands-on control during a live performance. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished instantly.
The Nord Piano 5 features seamless transitions for glitch free changing of sounds or programs while playing.
The powerful new Piano section features two piano engines that can be used simultaneously in a layer or a split.
9 Grands, 9 Uprights, 10 Electric Pianos and much more
The Nord Piano 5 factory bank contains 9 Grands, 9 Uprights, 10 Enhanced Electric Pianos, Clavinet, Digital Pianos, Marimba, Vibraphone and much more from the exclusive Nord Piano Library - all carefully selected for their unique character! Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling technology capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments. Our exclusive Nord Piano Library is regularly updated with new unique world class sounds, and always free of charge. All sounds are easily replaced using the Nord Sound Manager.
THE NORD PIANO EXPERIENCE
Virtual Hammer Action Technology
Our unique Virtual Hammer Action Technology in conjunction with the physical hammer movements delivers outstanding authenticity and dynamic response resulting in a keyboard action that handles dynamic playing with amazing control at any velocity level. The Triple Sensor keybed also provides authentic features like repeating a note without lifting the key completely to ensure the smooth repetitions and fluent transitions associated with an acoustic Grand Piano.
Triple Sensor Keybed
The triple sensor keybed has added weight for improved dynamic control providing authentic Piano touch and feel. Each individual keybed is meticulously calibrated at the Nord factory to ensure an even response over the whole range.
Advanced String Resonance
Our unique Advanced String Resonance accurately reproduces the complex interplay of the piano strings and also adds the rich ambience of a real piano when playing with the pedal down.
Nord Triple Pedal with Dynamic Pedal Noise
The Nord Triple Pedal includes Soft and Sostenuto Pedals in addition to a unique Dynamic Sustain Pedal. The Triple Pedal also enables our Pedal Noise feature that dynamically simulates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism.
Creative Piano Filters
The dedicated piano filters provide an additional level of sonic control, accentuating softness, mid or brilliance for the acoustic uprights and grands. The electric pianos have tailored filters that even include emulations of the legendary Dyno preamp.
A Soft Release-mode adds a slightly longer release, more suitable for legato playing, emulating a looser damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument.
3 dynamic curves are available to suit your playing style, from heavy to light.
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
Two brand new independent Sample Synths with greatly expanded memory and a host of new sounds.
The Sample Synth Section is based on an entirely new format and contains a wide range of entirely new sounds, such as solo wind, solo brass, solo strings, basses, guitars plus a vast collection of classic analog leads and basses. Included is also a selection of samples from the Symphobia and Swing! libraries by ProjectSAM. All sounds can be quickly replaced using the Nord Sound Manager. You can also create your own sample instruments using the unique free Nord Sample Editor software for Mac and Windows.
The Sample Synth section provides two fully-featured and independent Layers and is equipped with intuitive controls for attack, decay/release and dynamic velocity response. The new Soft and Bright Timbre settings provide a quick way of shaping the tone of the sound.
Unison, Tru-Vibrato and more
The new sample format in the Piano 5 offers several exciting new features. Unison creatively blends several sample voices for rich, ensemble-like sounds, “Tru-Vibrato” accurately models the unique vibrato characteristics of a wide variety of wind, brass and string instruments and round robin allows natural sounding fast repetitions. In addition synth sounds are available as monophonic samples with legato. Three delay settings optimized for both acoustic instruments and analog synth sounds are available.
The Effect section has a wide selection of instantly tweakable high quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes. An effect can be assigned freely to any layer in the Piano and Sample Synth section.
Mod 1 - Pan, Tremolo,
Wah-wah and Ring Modulator. All these can be controlled with a Control Pedal.
Mod 2 - Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Vibe effect and two selectable depths for each effect.
Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button and Ping Pong mode. The Delay can be assigned globally to all four Layers.
Equalizer - Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. The EQ can be assigned globally to all four Layers.
Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Compressor and a Tube Overdrive effect.
Reverb section with five different sizes (Booth, Room, Stage, Hall and Cathedral) for adding ambience to your sounds. The Bright and Dark modes allows for enhanced or reduced treble. The new Chorale option adds a lush modulation effect.
Connect an optional expression pedal for hands free control of volume and effects.
Connect a second Nord keyboard or any other audio source to the rear panel Monitor Input and play along a track without worrying about an external mixer or a sound system. The signal is routed to the main outputs and the headphones output.
Buy your Nord Piano 5 88-key Stage Piano Organ and Synth from Ken Stanton Music. Atlanta's family owned dealer for over 70 years.
Atlanta's headquarters for Nord Keyboards!
- UPC: 834035001615
- Model: Piano 5 88
- OLED Display
- Seamless Transitions
- Split Point Crossfades
- 16 banks with 25 programs - 400 locations
- Organize functionality for programs
- Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 3 velocity response curves
- Triple Sensor keybed with Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Split functionality with selectable split point and LED indication
- Layer functionality
- Mono Output option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- Free OS updates
- Piano Section
- 2 independent Layers
- 6 types - Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos, Digital, Layer, Clavinet and Harpsichord.
- Each category can contain up to 20 different models.
- 120 Voice Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- Piano Timbre feature with Soft, Mid and Bright settings for acoustic pianos. Dyno 1 and 2 options for electric pianos.
- Layer Detune with 3 amounts
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - adjustable amount
- Selectable Soft Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - adjustable amount
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
- SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
- 40+ Voice Polyphony
- Amp envelope with Attack and Decay/Release
- Bright and Soft Timbre options
- Adjustable Vibrato with 3 Delay options
- Unison feature with 3 amounts
- Selectable velocity sensitive low pass filter and dynamic range
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
- Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- Approx. 2 GB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 1 GB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library
- EFFECTS SECTION
- Effect 1
- Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Effect 2
- Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Two selectable depths for each effect
- Amp Simulations, Comp and EQ
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Global mode for EQ
- Delay Effect with Rate, Amount and Tap-tempo controls
- Ping-Pong mode
- Global mode
- Master Effects
- Dedicated Reverb with Booth, Room, Stage, Hall and Cathedral algorithms. Dark/Bright settings and optional Chorale modulation effect.
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Sustain Pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal.
- 1 Volume Pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectorsNord Piano 2 Connections
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
- Nord Triple Pedal
- User Manual
- Power cord