Mesa Boogie Subway WD-800 bass head amplifier featuring the Walkabout Tube Preamp and a Class D power amp.
From Mesa Boogie:
TUBE WARMTH, TUNABLE POWER & PERFECT PORTABILITY
You spoke, we listened. In direct response to player feedback and the longstanding demand for a more powerful version of our WalkAbout™ Bass Head, we’re proud to unveil the latest in the Subway® Bass Amp Line, the WD-800™ Head. This Head combines the warm, soulful sounding magic of the WalkAbout tube preamp section with the musical Class D Output Power used in our Subway Line (D-800™ and D-800+™), to create the ultimate lightweight hybrid.
As in the original, the inspiring round, fat WalkAbout Tone is joined by comprehensive rotary shelving Tone controls and a semi-parametric EQ, giving you total shaping authority in the preamp. The new WD800 also features the Subway D800 Plus’s highly effective HIGH PASS FILTER and a new POWER AMP DAMPING control, which allow tuning of the sub-low frequencies and power response options respectively. The POWER DAMPING choices enable you to tailor the tracking and feel of the power amp. The LOW setting produces a looser, more relaxed and blooming character reminiscent of Tube power. HIGH tightens the low end, adding punch and accuracy in tracking, while MEDIUM provides a blend of these opposite ends of the power response spectrum.
The WD-800 can perform as a stand-alone Head or be mounted in 2 Spaces within standard 19” Racks by attaching the optional Rack Ears (not included). Whether you’re looking for a lightweight new main rig to replace your heavy linear amp with a bigger, wider sound and more complex harmonic content than the lightweight options you’ve tried, or just a compact, portable head for everyday gigging and recording that will fill the room with luscious Tone, the new WD-800 covers bases with power and versatility to spare. Not exactly a WalkAbout or a Subway, but rather everything great about both combined in a super-responsive compact, lightweight, big-power platform, just as you ordered!
If you have any questions about the MESA/Boogie Subway WD-800 bass head, then give us a call today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 809404045569
- Model: 6.WD8
- Amp Type: Tube Preamp & Class D Power Amp
- Chassis Material: Aluminum
- Preamp Tubes: 1x Mesa 12AT7
- Power Amp Power Devices: Class D Power Amp
- Wattage(s) Quick Reference: 800 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms / 400 Watts @ 8 Ohms
- Power Amp Details: Light-Weight, Compact Class D Power Amp with Variable Damping Control, Protection, Limit & 2-Ohm Load LED Indicators
- Convection or Fan Cooling: Fan Cooled
- Instrument Input Options: 1x 1/4" with Active/Passive Switch
- Preamp Details:
- 2-Stage Class-A Preamp featuring Input Gain with Clip Indicator (O/D LED)
- Variable High-Pass Filter (25Hz-125Hz)
- Fully Active 5-Band EQ (+/- 12dB) featuring Bass, Treble and a selectable/bypassable 3-Band Semi-Parametric EQ Sweepable from 80Hz-1KHz, 150Hz-2.5KHz & 300Hz-5KHz respectively
- Passive Mid Control & Master Volume
- Effects Loop: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop
- Solo Level Control: n/a
- Direct Line Output (DI): Balanced XLR Out with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches
- Tuner Output / Mute: Tuner Output (back panel) with Play/Mute Switch (front panel) and External Mute
- Switching Jack (back panel) - See "Footswitch" in the Accessories Section for additional options
- External Switching Jack Options: External Switching Jack for Parametric EQ & Mute (Footswitch Sold Separately)
- Speaker Outputs: 2 - Speakon Output Jacks (no 1/4" speaker jacks) - 8, 4 or 2 Ohms
- Headphone Output: Yes
- Slave Output: n/a
- Extra Amplifier Features :
- USB Power Outlet
- Headphone Output and Auxiliary Input
- Slip Cover: Included - Gig Bag with Shoulder Strap
- Footswitch: Optional (Sold Separately) - 2 Button Parametric EQ & Mute Footswitch
- Build Location Petaluma, CA USA with the World's Finest Materials
- Dimensions: 4" H x 12" W x 11.375" D
- Weight 7 Lbs.