DescriptionMackie HR842mk2 Series Professional Studio Monitor
HRmk2 Series Professional Studio Monitors
Serious MIX TRANSLATION
Back in the ’90s, our HR Series studio reference monitors revolutionized studio monitoring. With their incredible sound quality and affordability, they earned a wide and loyal following, fast becoming the industry standard. Today’s studio demands a monitor that can reproduce sound as precisely as it is recorded. The same innovation that launched our pioneering HR Series has led to the birth of just such a monitor as well as a new studio standard. Meet the HRmk2.
CURVES ZERO-EDGE BAFFLE™
The one-piece cast aluminum Zero Edge Baffle™ features precisely engineered curvature that minimizes diffraction for a crystal clear image of your mix, and effectively controls sound waves so you get detailed lows, full, articulate mids, and shimmering highs.
The passive radiator replaces the port found on most speaker systems. One primary advantage of a passive radiator is that it can reproduce low frequencies with lower distortion and at a higher sound pressure level (SPL) than a simple port or duct.
The HRmk2 Series monitors contain separate onboard amplifiers for each driver, plus onboard active crossovers and time-correction circuitry, which helps ensure highs and lows reach your ears at the same time. The HRmk2s also have protection circuitry built in to protect from damaging input levels.
The HRmk2 monitors feature a wood cabinet, with custom internal bracing to increase its strength and rigidity in desired locations. To absorb internal reflections and dampen standing waves inside the cabinet, an open-cell adiabatic foam material is placed strategically inside the box.
We go to elaborate lengths to ensure each HRmk2 sounds as good as our experts intended. Each one we manufacture is subject to rigorous testing and pre-screening during the production process, then calibrated and tuned with an environmentally controlled test chamber before final packaging.
Power and Overload LED
Our LED power indicator is a tasty shade of white and red for when things get pushed a little too hard. We took care to make sure the brightness is just right, too. The light shines bright enough so you can see it just fine in a well-lit room, and in a dark environment, it won’t distract or blind you.
PRO TOOLS | FIRST DAW
An industry standard for decades, Pro Tools | First is easy enough for beginners yet sophisticated enough for experienced musicians. Get many of the same tools used by your favorite artists and recording studios. And now you can collaborate online with anyone, anywhere, and create at the speed of your imagination. Available for MacOS® and Windows® operating systems. Learn More
In addition to the powerful plug-ins within Pro Tools | First, you get the exclusive Mackie Musician Collection featuring 23 fantastic plug-ins.
304E EQ / 304C Compressor bundle, BBD Delay, Black Op Distortion, Black Shiny Wah, Black Spring Reverb, C1 Chorus, DC Distortion, Eleven Lite, Flanger, Graphic EQ, Gray Compressor, Green JRC Overdrive, In-Tune, Orange Phaser, Roto Speaker, Sci-Fi, Studio Reverb, Tape Echo, Tri Knob Fuzz, Vari-Fi, Vibe, Phaser, and White Boost
*Requires a new Pro Tools | First subscription at no cost
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out our selection of Mackie pro-audio gear today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 663961028850
- Model: HR824MKII
- Studio Monitor
- Monitor Type: Active 2-Way
- Enclosure: Passive Radiator, Shielded
- Power Rating: 250 W RMS
- Drivers LF Driver: 1 x 8.75" / 22.23 cm Woofer with 1.6" / 4.06 cm Voice Coil
- HF Driver: 1 x 1" / 2.54 cm Dome Tweeter
- 1 x LF Amplifier: Class-AB Rated at 150 W RMS / 350 W Peak
- 1 x HF Amplifier: Class-AB Rated at 100 W RMS / 210 W Peak
- Frequency Range: 35 Hz to 22 kHz (at -3 dB)
- Frequency Response: 37 Hz to 20 kHz ± 1.5 dB
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 120 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.1%
- Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu
- Phase Adjustment: None
- Protections and Limiting: Driver Protection, Thermal Limiting
- Signal Processing:
- 1 x HF Shelf: -2 to +2 dB at 10 kHz
- 1 x LF Shelf: -2 to -4 dB at 50 Hz (2 dB Increments)
- 1 x High-Pass at 37 Hz, 12 dB/Octave Slope
- 1 x High-Pass at 47 Hz, 24 dB/Octave Slope
- 1 x High-Pass at 80 Hz, 24 dB/Octave Slope
- Parametric EQ: None
- Crossover Frequency: 1.9 kHz, 24 dB/Octave Slope
- Crossover Type: Linkwitz-Riley
- Connectivity I/O:
- 1 x XLR Balanced Female Analog Input (20 Kilohms)
- 1 x 1/4" TRS Balanced/Unbalanced Female Analog Input (20 Kilohms)
- 1 x RCA Unbalanced Female Analog Input (10 Kilohms)
- AC Input Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption:
- 8 W (Standby)
- 18 W (Idle)
- 135 W (Typical)
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 27.4 x 42.7 x 35.1 cm
- Weight: 34.6 lb