DescriptionKorg SV-2 73SP Stage Vintage Piano
The Evolution of a Modern Classic
Never before has a single instrument captured the signature sound, the unique performance experience, and the aesthetic satisfaction of so many definitive keyboards as the KORG SV-2 Stage Vintage.
Ten years ago, KORG launched the Stage Vintage line to wild acclaim. The combination of an intuitive live panel, the premier keybed, the ultimate realization of coveted vintage sounds, the clarity of world-class pianos, the warmth and character of period-proper effects, and the distinctively smooth shape has inspired musicians from around the globe for over a decade. Available with either 88 keys or 73 keys, these SV-2 models are the latest additions to the Stage Vintage series, featuring more of everything that makes an SV great. More Sounds. More Memory. More Polyphony. More Presets. More Control. It is quite literally everything one could want in a performance stage piano … and more. Plus, be sure to check out the SV-2S models, equipped with an internal K-ARRAY speaker system.
More. More. More.
The SV-2 contains over ten times the sample data available in previous SV models, providing ample memory for many all-new piano and keyboard sounds. The SV-2 is home to 72 compelling sounds, and provides 64 memory locations to store edited Favorites for instant access during performance. Using the SV-2 Editor software, users are now free to create their own split and layered programs and save them to one of the Favorites locations. In fact, a single favorite can access up to three timbres at once – A piano/bass split with a layer of strings, for example. While user splits must be created using the SV-2 Editor, the split point on the keyboard can be adjusted directly from the front panel. Plus, polyphony of the SV-2 now stands at 128 voices, allowing more effective layering of sounds or sustained chording.
Faithful Sound Reproduction
The SV-2 represents the pinnacle of audio sampling techniques and careful instrument preparation, delivering the most exacting and accurate rendition of so many keyboard classics. Using only the best-maintained instruments and the latest multi-mic’ing methods, every sound has been captured as precisely as possible. The slap of the tine, the release of the hammer, the click of the contacts—every element is amazingly preserved in the RX Layer; mix in as much or as little of these authentic artifacts as you need. In addition, the full dynamic range of each instrument has been faithfully preserved, recreating all of the timbral and volume changes generated from a ppp (pianississimo) touch to an fff (fortississimo) strike – and everything in between. This detailed sampling regime creates a three-dimensional sense of presence, allowing the sound to fully occupy its place in the mix or in the performance space.
Experience a treasure trove of classic electro-mechanical, transistorized, tape-driven, analog, and digital keyboard instruments, all reproduced with stunning realism. These sounds defined decades of popular music, and are now once again in demand. The SV-2 places all of these sought-after sounds right at the fingertips – in perfect tune and in impeccable playing condition – no maintenance required. It’s all here. Electric pianos now include nearly all the American tine and reed models, a Japanese electric grand, as well as a rare German electric piano. And then there are all those clavis, created using a range of settings. Prefer electronic pianos? There are analog, digital, VPM, FM, and sampled versions – including the ever-popular KORG M1 piano. Looking for Organs? Select from tone-wheel classics; VOX combo, Italian transistor, or American tube organs; and now church and cathedral organs. Need some strings? Choose from a 70s-era analog string machine, prog-era tape strings, or a warm orchestral section. Plus, the SV-2 contains mallets, brass and choir sounds, guitar and bass sounds, even solo and pad synths that are ideal for layering or creating convenient splits.
Plenty of Pianos
The SV-2 remains, at heart, a stage piano. At the touch of a button, you can summon the most outstanding grand piano sounds from around the world – including exemplary pianos from the leading German, Italian, Austrian, and Japanese instrument makers. For a more intimate setting, choose one of the authentic Japanese or German upright pianos. Also included are a real honky-tonk piano and a genuine “tack” piano. Last but not least, the SV-2 contains two gorgeous harpsichords, one French and one Italian. Featured alone, layered with another sound, or split across the keyboard, these outstanding piano sounds deliver a strong foundation while delivering additional performance options.
Making it Real
Adding the right effects provides layers of sonic splendor and adds a crowning level of authority to any vintage keyboard sound. The SV-2 features six independent stages of studio-grade signal processing, highlighted by the KORG Valve Reactor. This Valve Reactor circuit delivers the added warmth or snarl that only a true 12AX7A vacuum tube can provide. As with the sounds themselves, all of the effect models are faithful to the originals and are designed to match the performance, limitations, and behavior of the chosen effect. Effect stages include:
- 3-BAND EQUALIZER (Bass, Middle and Treble)
- PRE FX (Red Compressor, Treble Boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VOX Wah)
- AMP MODEL (Clean, Twin, Tweed, AC30, Boutique, Organ, plus several types of Cabinet Simulators and Noise Reduction)
- MODULATION FX (Classic Chorus, Black Chorus, Orange Phaser, Small Phaser, MX Flanger, Rotary)
- REVERB/DELAY (Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo and Stereo Delay)
- TOTAL FX (Stereo Mastering Limiter, Stereo Limiter)
Easy to use and simple to control, these period-accurate effects and amp models add authenticity to your vintage and modern sonic pursuits.
The SV-2 is host to all the audio jacks, data connections, and pedal ports that today’s professional stage pianos require. In addition to the Left and Right 1/4" audio outputs, there are Left and Right XLR outputs for connecting directly to a studio console or onstage snake, without requiring any direct boxes or impedance matching transformers. The headphone output allows for onstage monitoring or for rehearsing in private. Din-style MIDI IN and MIDI Out jacks connect easily to other MIDI instruments and music equipment; the USB port provides a data link between the SV-2 and a computer.
There are 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2. The DS-2H Damper pedal is included and responds to half-pedaling for an authentic piano response. Pedal 1 is designed for a switch type of pedal and can operate as a piano Sostenuto pedal, or as a Fast/Slow switch when the Rotary Pro effect is on. Pedal 2 can accept either a sweep-type pedal – great for authentic Wah effects and accurate organ volume control – or an additional switch pedal, providing the piano purist with access to all three piano pedal functions by adding the Una Chorda (soft) function.
SV-2S with internal speaker system
Enjoy the sound, looks, and performance of the KORG SV-2 everywhere you go. KORG has worked with Italian speaker designers K-ARRAY to create the amazing SV-2S. In addition to every feature found in the SV-2, the SV-2S also includes a built-in speaker system. From the backstage dressing room to the dorm or bedroom; from the musical, stage, or dance rehearsal to choir rehearsal; from the living room to the concert hall or house of worship; the SV-2S is ready to perform, wherever and whenever you are. Producing 15 watts of power (x 2; Left and Right), the internal system features two 2.5" loudspeakers, plus a 3" passive radiator. Available with 73 or 88 keys, the SV-2 is finished with an exclusive warm ivory finish contrasting metal grille.
Free SV-2 Editor
Despite the wealth of on-board SV-2 features, the SV-2 Editor provides a convenient and detailed pathway to editing, organizing, cataloging, and storing edited sounds as Favorites for the SV-2. In addition, the SV-2 Editor offers access to hundreds of other sounds that are not immediately available from the control panel. The SV-2 Editor also makes it easy to set up customized split and/or layered Favorites and save them into memory. Additional SV-2 libraries released by KORG can be loaded using the SV-2 Editor to renew your personal sound catalog. Also, you are free to exchange sounds with other fellow users.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out the Korg SV-2 73 Stage Vintage Piano today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- GTIN: 4959112194717
- Model: SV273SP
- Keyboard: SV-2 /SV-2S (73key)73 keys (E1 to E7), Velocity-sensitive KORG RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3)
- Touch selectionEight curvesTuningMaster Transpose, Master Tune, Tuning curves
- Sound generation: EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis - eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 notes
- Multi Sound: Layer, Split
- Factory Sounds: 72 (6 Basic sounds x 2 sets, 6 variations)
- EP1 (Vintage): MK I Suitcase, MK I Stage, MK II Suitcase, MK II Stage, MK V Stage, MK V Bright, Dyno EP, Dyno EP Bright, Wurly, Wurly Classic, Wurly Dark, Wurly Bright
- EP2 (Various): FM Piano 1, FM Piano 2, FM Piano 3, FM Piano & Pad, Pianet T, Pianet N, Hybrid Piano, Hybrid Tine, Wurly & Strings, FM & Strings, MK II & Pad, FM & Pad
- Piano 1 (Acoustic): German Grand, German Classic, Italian Grand, Italian Bright, Japanese Grand, Japanese Bright, Austrian Grand, Austrian Classic, Japanese Upright, Upright Bright, German Upright, Rock Piano
- Piano 2 (Various): Electric Grand, German Mono, KORG M1 Piano, KORG SG-1D, Digital Piano, Electra Piano, Tack Piano, Honky-Tonk, Piano & Strings, Piano & Pad, Piano & Synth, Piano & Brass
- Clavier: Clav AC, Clav AD, Clav BC, Clav BD, Harpsichord, Harpsichord Oct, Perc. Organ, Rock Organ, Jazz Organ, VOX Organ, Church Organ, Pipe Organ
- Other: Full Strings, Classic Strings, Tape Strings, Strings & Voices, Warm Pad, Bright Pad, Orchestra, Pizzicato & Glock, Brass, Synth Brass, Pad/Mini Lead, Pad/SynthLead
- Favorite sounds: 64 (8 banks x 8 variations) for saving of customized settings
- Structure: 6 effects (5 effects + 1 total effect)
- Equalizer: Bass, Mid, Treble
- Pre FX: Red Comp, Treble Boost, U-Vibe, Vibrato, Tremolo, VOX Wah (Auto or Pedal control) Amplifier models: Clean, Twin, Tweed, AC30, Boutique, Organ Amp + Cabinet Models, Valve Reactor Technology – 12AX7 (ECC83) valve
- Modulation: Classic Chorus, Black Chorus, Orange Phaser, Small Phaser, MX Flanger, Rotary (Slow/Fast control)
- Ambient: Room, Plate, Hall, Spring, Tape Echo, Stereo Delay (Tap tempo)
- Total FX (only editable with SV-2 Editor): Stereo Mastering Limiter, Stereo Limiter
- Panel controls
- Sound Select: TYPE knob, VARIATION knob, FAVORITES 1–8 switches
- Favorite Sound select: 1–8 switches, SOUND TYPE knob
- Effect Control: Equalizer: On/Off switch, BASS knob, MID knob, TREBLE knob
- Pre FX: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, AUTO/PEDAL switch (available when the TYPE = Vox Wah)
- Amplifier: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DRIVE knob
- Modulation: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, SPEED knob, INTENSITY knob, Slow/Fast switch (available when the TYPE = Rotary.)
- Ambient: On/Off switch, TYPE knob, DEPTH knob, Tap (available when TYPE = Stereo Delay)
- Volume: Master Volume
- Switches: Transpose, Local Off, Touch, FunctionDemo Songs72 songs (one song for each preset sound)
- Input/Output connections
- Audio Output: L, R connector (XLR balanced), L/MONO jack, R/MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced)
- Headphone: Headphone jack（6.3 mm [1/4”] stereo jack)Audio InputL/MONO jack, R/MONO jack (6.3 mm [1/4"] unbalanced)
- MIDI: IN, OUT
- USB: USB: 2.0 Type B connector (doubles the MIDI Interface)
- Damper Pedal: KORG DS-2H (included), DS-1H(sold separately)
- Pedal 1: PS-1 foot switch, PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- Pedal 2: Volume/Expression, XVP-20, EXP-2, PS-1 foot switch, PS-3 foot switch (sold separately)
- Amplification (SV-2S)
- Speakers: 2 x 2.5" with 2 x 3" passive radiator
- Amplification power: 2 x 15 W
- Included Items: Power cable, Music stand, DS-2H damper pedal, Quick Guide.
- Weight: 40.34 lbs
- Dimensions: 45.0" x 13.66" x 6.18"