Korg KROME EX88 music workstation with 88 weighted keys, PCM data and a re-designed body for this ever popular classic Korg workstation.
An evolved go-to synthesizer with a focus on "FUTURE BASICS"
KROME, the best-selling synth focused on packing the most usable sounds into an easy to use platform, has received a major refresh. Updated to meet the needs of the current music scene, KROME EX has a special emphasis on sounds that can immediately fit into productions of all types.
In addition to standard sounds that will never grow old, KROME EX provides numerous new programs and PCM data, including piano programs prepared specifically for this product. This instrument provides high-quality and immediately-usable sounds that take full advantage of the KROME's high performance specs. The new body also features a newly revamped build and look to accompany the new sounds.
A music workstation for gigging musicians and producers of all stripes. The KROME EX.
Keeping up with a worldwide music scene that evolves daily is a challenge for any instrument designer that Korg is excited to take on. KROME EX answers the question "What sounds should be provided by today’s go-to workstation synth?"
First we focus on EDM (Electronic Dance Music) that has conquered the world. Rich, effect-laden polyphonic sounds that evoke massive rooms, clear and crisp synth leads, and punchy drum kits that get listeners moving are some of the new staple sounds that we've added. Ethnic instruments such as steel pan, kalimba, and kokyu, as well as Hollywood-type sound effects frequently used in movie trailers or commercials are also newly provided. KROME EX features a musical catalog for today, where users can simply select a program and immediately begin composing fresh-sounding tracks.
Having bread-and-butter sounds that are always usable is a top priority for our sound designers. The KROME EX is equipped with sounds that are intended for longevity, such as the piano and electric piano that are the foundation of any keyboard, as well as drums that are indispensable for a workstation.
In addition to piano, electric piano, and drums, KROME EX has a plentiful array of sounds to cover a broad range of styles that will meet a wide variety of needs. Stimulate your creativity by selecting any of the 896 Programs or 512 Combinations. Each one has been carefully created by professional studio and performing musicians to provide exceptional real-world use for both rich clean backing parts or soaring solos. Plus you can tweak, customize, create, and save your own sounds as well.
KROME EX has a full complement of the features you’ve come to expect from a KORG Music Workstation, starting with the 16-track sequencer. But there’s much, much more. KROME EX comes complete with a rich suite of tools to jumpstart your creativity. There's the convenient Auto Song Setup function; if inspiration strikes while you're playing a program or combination, simply press the REC switch to start recording immediately. Each Template Song assigns popular sounds to sequencer tracks through pre-routed effects to match a specific musical genre. Achieve lightning-fast arrangements using KORG’s Cue List, and build an armada of instant-access patterns using the RPPR (Realtime Pattern/Play Recording) feature. Go back and you can make any changes using the convenient piano-roll editing.
KROME EX 88 is equipped with KORG’s NH (Natural Weighted Hammer Action) keyboard, ensuring that every nuance of your playing dynamics will be expressively reflected when playing sounds such as piano or electric piano.
KROME EX’s huge 800 x 480 pixel TouchView Color display can show numerous parameters at once, ensuring great visibility. Simply touch the screen to change sounds or edit parameters. Finger-drag editing is also supported, allowing you to use the on-screen sliders and knobs directly. Numerous functions take advantage of the TouchView interface, such as the piano roll editor, a stopwatch that’s convenient for keeping track of a live performance, and a calculator keypad that is convenient for entering numerical values.
You can connect KROME EX to your computer via USB to easily transfer MIDI data. You can also use an SD card (commercially available) to manage the KROME EX’s data files.
If you have any questions about Korg keyboards, gear and accessories, give us a call today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 4959112186736
- Model: KROME EX88
- NH (Natural Weighted Hammer Action) keyboard. Velocity sensitive is supported, after touch is not supported.
- Standard A0 - C8 (transposable in the range [A-1...C7]-[A1...C9])
- *The NH keyboard reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano, with a heavier feel in the low register and a lighter feel in the upper register.
- System: EDS-I（Enhanced Definition Synthesis – eXpanded)
- Maximum Polyphony:
- 120 voices (120 Oscillators) / Single Mode, 60 voices (120 Oscillators) / Double Mode
- *The maximum simultaneous voice polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings, velocity crossfading and whether you are using mono or stereo multisamples.
- PCM Memory:
- 4 GB (In case of 48 kHz, 16-bit Linear PCM converted)
- 728 multisamples (including 44 Stereo multi-samples)
- 2,502 drumsamples (including 574 Stereo Drumsamples)
- Oscillator: OSC1 (Single); OSC1 + 2 (Double): Stereo multisamples are supported 8 velocity zones per oscillator with switching, crossfades and layers
- Filters: Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB). Two multi-mode filters per oscillator (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Driver: Per-voice nonlinear driver and low boost
- EQ: Three bands, with sweepable mid
- For each oscillator, two envelope generators (Filter & Amp), two LFOs, two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp), two AMS mixers, Pitch EG, Common LFO, two common key tracking generators
- Timbre Number: Max 16. For each Timbre, keyboard and velocity split/layer/crossfades.
- Modifications to the program settings via the Tone Adjust function.
- Drum Kit: Stereo and mono drum samples. 8 velocity zones switch (crossfades and layers)
- The number of Combination / Program / Drum Kit
- User Combination: 768 Combination (512 Preload)
- User Program: 1536 Program (896 Preload)
- User Drum Kit: 80 Drum Kit (48 Preload)
- Preset Program: 256 GM2 Program + 9 GM2 Drums Program
- Insert Effects: 5 Insert Effects (stereo in/out)
- Master Effects: 2 Master Effects (stereo in/out)
- Total Effect: 1 Total Effect (stereo in/out)
- Timbre / Track EQ: 3-band EQ per in 1 Timbre / in 1 Track
- Effect Types: 193 types (Usable as insert, master, or total effects. However, double-size effects cannot be used as a total effect.)
- Modulation: Dynamic Modulation, 2 Common LFO
- Effects Control Busses: Stereo side chain (Limiter, Gate, Vocoder etc.)
- Effect Preset: 32 preset per effect
- Polyphonic Arpeggiator:
- Program Mode: 1 unit
- Combination, Sequencer Mode: 2 units are available
- Number of pattern: 5 preset Arpeggio pattern, 1,088 User Arpeggio pattern (960 Preload)
- Drum Track
- Preset Patterns: 710 patterns (Common with the preset pattern of the Sequencer mode)
- User Patterns: 1,000 patterns (Pattern created in Sequencer mode can be converted to drum track user pattern)
- Others: Configurable “Trigger Mode / Sync / Zone”
- Tracks: 16-track + 1 master track
- Number of Songs: 128 Songs
- Resolution: ♩=1／480
- Tempo: 40.00 - 300.00 (1/100 BPM resolution)
- Maximum memory: 210,000 MIDI events
- Template Songs: 16 preset / 16 user template songs
- Cue List function:
- 20 Cue List
- Songs can be arranged consecutively or repeatedly in up to 99 steps, a cue list can be converted back into a song.
- Pattern / RPPR (Realtime Pattern Play and Recording): 710 Preset / 100 User pattern (Per song). 1 pattern set per song
- Format: KORG (KROME) format, SMF format 0 and 1
- Media: Load, Save, Utility, Data filer functionality (Save and Load MIDI System Exclusive Data)
- Controllers: Joystick, SW , SW 
- Realtime Control:
- [SELECT] Switch: TONE, USER, ARP
- 4 Knobs: Modulation, User, Arpeggio control
- Drum Track: [DRUM TRACK] Switch: On/Off
- Arpeggiator: [ARP] Switch: On/Off
- User Interface
- Display: Touch view graphical User Interface, 7 -inch Color TFT LCD, 800 x 480 pixel, Onboard LCD brightness control
- Mode Switches: [COMBI], [PROG], [SEQ], [GLOBAL], [MEDIA] Switch
- VALUE controllers: [VALUE] Dial, [INC], [DEC] Switches, 10 key block ( - , [-], [.], [ENTER], [COMPARE])
- BANK Switches: [A], [B], [C], [D], [E], [F] switches (in Combination mode, [A], [B], [C], [D] switches are available)
- SEQUENCER switches: [PAUSE]、 [REW] 、 [FF] 、 [LOCATE] 、 [REC] 、 [START／STOP]
- TEMPO: TEMPO
- Others: [PAGE] switch, [WRITE] switch, [EXIT] switch, [VOLUME] knob, Contrast knob
- AUDIO OUTPUT, L／MONO, R
- 6.3mm (Mono) Phone jack, Unbalanced.
- Output Impedance: 1.1[kΩ] (L / Mono terminal: in case of Mono output, = 550[Ω]).
- Maximum level: +16.0 [dBu], Load Impedance: more than 10 [kΩ].
- Headphone Output:
- 3.5mmStereo phone jack.
- Output Impedance: 33[Ω].
- Maximum level: 60 + 60 [mW] (In case of 33[Ω] Loaded)
- Control Input: DAMPER (Half Damper supported), ASSIGNABLE SWITCH, ASSIGNABLE PEDAL
- MIDI: IN, OUT
- USB: USB-MIDI Interface (TYPE B) x 1
- SD Card Slot:
- Max 2 GB / SD Memory Card is supported
- Max: 32 GB/ SDHC Memory Card is supported (SDXC Memory Card is not supported)