Get classic ‘50s & ‘60s -inspired Gretsch sound and style with the all-new Electromatic Classic Hollow Body guitars. Crafted with essential Gretsch hollow-body sound, style and playability, these no-nonsense guitars are your next-step Gretsch.
The G5420T Electromatic Classic Hollow Body Single-Cut with Bigsby features a laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, as well as all-new trestle block bracing to help reduce unwanted feedback. By increasing rigidity and contact between the top and back of the body, the new trestle block design also results in the sound having a faster attack with more focus, snap, and increased sustain. Coupled with all-new FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups, this hollow build’s voice explodes with huge full-bodied punch, classic chime and enhanced presence, clarity and note definition.
An all-new Classic “C”-shaped maple neck offers a more comfortable playing feel for improved playability and performance, and is topped with a 12”-radius laurel fingerboard.
Alive and resonant, the G5420T also features a versatile upgraded control layout including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-position pickup toggle switch, oversized bound F-holes, multi-ply body binding, smaller late-'50s G6120 bound headstock, vintage-style open-back tuning machines, Graph Tech NuBone nut, pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays, secured Adjusto-Matic bridge and a Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece.
If you have any questions, give us a call, chat or stop by to save on this Gretsch G5420T Electromatic today!
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 885978876617
- Model #: 2506115547
- Series: Gretsch Electromatic Collection
- Color: Airline Silver
- BODY FINISH: Gloss
- BODY SHAPE: Electromatic Hollow Body
- BODY TOP: Arched Laminated Maple
- BODY BINDING: White with B/W/B Purfling
- BODY BACK: Arched Laminated Maple
- BODY STYLE: Gretsch Hollow Body Guitars
- BODY MATERIAL: Laminated Maple
- CUTAWAY: Single Cutaway
- BRACING: Trestle Block
- WAIST: 9.625" (244.48 mm)
- SOUND HOLE: F-Holes, Bound
- HEADSTOCK BINDING: White
- NECK MATERIAL: Maple
- NECK FINISH: Gloss
- NECK SHAPE: Classic "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION: Set-Neck
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 12" (305 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Laurel
- POSITION INLAYS: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- SIDE DOTS: Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 22
- FRET SIZE: Medium Jumbo
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.6" (625 mm)
- STRING NUT: Graph Tech NuBone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Graph Tech NuBone
- BRIDGE PICKUP: FT-5E Filter’Tron
- NECK PICKUP: FT-5E Filter’Tron
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION: Filter'Tron / Filter'Tron
- CONTROLS: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume with Treble Bleed, Master Tone
- SWITCHING: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- BRIDGE: Adjusto-Matic with Secured Laurel Base
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE: Bigsby B60
- BRIDGE MOUNTING: Secured
- PICKGUARD: Black Plexi w/ Silver Gretsch & Electromatic Logos
- PICKUP COVERS: Nickel
- CONTROL KNOBS: G-Arrow
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel
- TUNING MACHINES: Vintage-Style Open-Back
- STRINGS: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- STRAP BUTTONS: Gretsch Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs
- Case: Not included