Gibson SG Standard '61 Electric Guitar in Vintage Cherry with Case
The Classic SG For Any Generation
The SG Standard ‘61 returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved -- shaping sound across generations and genres of music. In 1961, the Les Paul model was put on hiatus and an all new design evolved into what is today known as the SG or “solid guitar”.
The Gibson SG Standard '61 retains the styling of the original featuring a slim taper mahogany neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany body features deeply sculpted body scarfing, a 5-ply teardrop pickguard and a 22nd-fret neck joint. The nickel plated hardware includes a classic-style Tune-O-Matic bridge and keystone tuners. The pickups are 61R and 61T humbuckers for a classic voice with added power and top end. Controls feature audio taper potentiometers and orange drop capacitors.
ABR-1 Tune-o-matic Bridge - The standard for simplicity & functionality
The ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge was the brainchild of legendary Gibson president Ted McCarty in 1954, setting a standard for simplicity and functionality that has never been bettered. The ABR-1 is slotted directly into the body of the guitar using a separate stud and thumbwheel, providing a firm seating for the strings and allowing players the ability to adjust and fine tune intonation and string height in a matter of minutes. It also yields a great union between the strings and body, which results in excellent vintage tone and sustain.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out the Gibson SG Standard ‘61 electric guitar in Vintage Cherry today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- Model: SG6100VENH1
- UPC: 711106035635
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.69" / 43.05mm
- End of Board Width: 2.26" / 57.4mm
- Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone Buttons
- Pickguard: Black 5-ply
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reflector
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switchwasher: Black
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker 61T
- Output Jack: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit