Gibson pays tribute to its' first year of production on the iconic SG. Here is the '61 Standard (used/mint).
Gibson 2019 '61 SG Standard Features:
- The SG Standard '61 embodies the original SG features and materials from the it's introduction in 1961 which helped make the SG model a legend.
- It has a higher level of craftsmanship and appointments and materials (high gloss nitro finish, premium hardwoods and electronics).
- It appeals to those who desire the original and iconic, late 60's style SG model.
- All the original SG features fast slim taper neck, highly sculpted body scarfing, small 5-ply pickguard, and early 60's style neck joint at the 22nd fret for increased access to the highest frets.
- The SG Standard '61 represents the original and iconic SG model as introduced in 1961.
- It has all the attributes that represent the original SG model from the 1961 as used by many notable performers.
In 1961 the Les Paul Standard received a total overhaul, the resulting design turned into what we now know as the SG. The new 2019 Gibson SG Standard '61 retains the styling of the original featuring a slim taper mahogany neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany body features period correct, deeply sculpted body scarfing, 5-ply small early 60's style pickguard as well as early 60's style neck joint at the 22nd fret. Nickel plated hardware, ABR bridge and aluminum stop bar tailpiece and Vintage Keystone tuners. The pickups are period correct 61R and 61T humbuckers for a classic PAF voice with added power and top end.
This guitar wont last long, let us know if you have and questions about our Gibson SG '61 Standard SG. Availabel at Ken Stanton Music.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" / 304.8mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Low - Cryogenically Treated
- Nut Material: Tektoid
- Nut Width: 1.695" / 43.05mm
- End-of-Board Width: 2.26" / 57.4mm
- Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuners: Vintage Deluxe w/Keystone buttons
- Pick Guard: Black 5-ply
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reflector
- Switch Tip: Black
- Switch Washer: Black
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker 61T
- Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch
- Hard Shell Case Included