Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard Factory Burst
Images are Serial Number: 993577
Weight: 8.4lbsHeadlining Features:
Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple
Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina) Finish
Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
Neck Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape Neck Profile
Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors. The Most Desirable Guitar Ever Made Celebrates Its 60th Anniversary.
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.No specific Gibson model carries more intrigue and gravitas than the 1959 Les Paul Standard. While it became the most iconic guitar in history, it wasn't a successful model when it was released (under 650 were made). But before long it was adopted by some of the world's greatest guitarists -- Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Duane Allman, Mike Bloomfield, Billy Gibbons, Joe Perry and Slash to name a few.
The instrument was simply enchanting, from its beautiful figured maple top to its extreme sonic versatility. "It has a deep, powerful sound and you can use it to imitate just about anything – violin, sax, cello, even a sitar," says Jeff Beck.
All these reasons and more made the 1959 Les Paul Standard the most coveted and legendary guitar on the planet, shaping sounds across music genres and generations of players. Gibson Custom Shop's 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard is not just a tribute to those priceless original models -- it's a clone of them. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically-recreated plastics to color-matched shades of sunburst, every element has been rendered in unbelievable detail. It represents the culmination of decades of work by Custom Shop's expert team -- a tireless quest to bring accuracy and authenticity to the hands of fans. It’s the definition of cool, and it's the best representation of the 1959 Les Paul Standard since the Gibson Custom Shop began making Historic Reissues over twenty-five years ago.
This beauty plays just as good as it looks. It's a '59, how much explanation is really needed?
This guitar will not last long, call us at 770-427-2491 or hit the chat button below for any additional details.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- Material: Solid Mahogany, Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Neck Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75", 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687", 42.85mm
- End of Board Width: 2.240", 56.89mm
- Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoid
- Truss Rod: 50's Tubeless
- Body Material: Lightweight Solid Mahogany Body, 2 Piece Figured Maple Top, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum
- Tuning Machines: Single Band Kluson Deluxe
- Pickguard: Replica Laminated Acrylic
- Control Knobs: Replica Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Replica Catalin
- Switchwasher: Replica Acrylic
- Jack Plate Cover: Replica Laminated Acrylic
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker
- Controls: 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness with Bumblebee Capacitors, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
- Case: Brown/Pink Lacquered 50s Replica Case
- Other: Die-Cast Switch Plate Medallion (Extra Black Plastic Cover in Case), Gibson Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity