Fender Cory Wong Stratocaster with a Rosewood Fingerboard in Sapphire Blue Transparent
Recognized for his incredible funk chops and inventive lead work, guitarist, producer, and arranger Cory Wong’s soulful playing with Vulfpeck, as well as his Grammy-nominated solo work have earned him a loyal following and led to sold-out arena performances. The Cory Wong Stratocaster is a tribute to Cory’s favorite Fender, thoughtfully modified to meet the funk master’s needs.
The Sapphire Blue Transparent satin lacquer finish recreates the look and feel of Cory’s beloved original Strat, while the scaled-down alder body – slightly smaller than a typical Stratocaster – combined with American Ultra Modern “D” neck and sculpted body contours deliver a sublimely comfortable playing experience. A set of Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine pickups provides classic Strat quack and chime, fine-tuned to achieve his distinctive tone.
Other features include a maple neck with subtly modified headstock shape, rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges and a compound 10-14” radius, vintage-style 6-screw synchronized Tremolo, deluxe locking tuners that provide improved tuning stability and easy string changes, and a push/push pot on Tone 2 that bypasses the 5-way switch and defaults to "Position 4". Also included are a Cory Wong hair tie (for muting the tremolo springs to achieve Cory’s rhythm tone), rubber straplock washer set and custom neck plate.
If you have any questions about this Fender Cory Wong Stratocaster, then give us a call or chat today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 885978732456
- Model: 0115010727
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Color: Sapphire Blue Transparent
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Side Dots: White
- String Nut: Bone
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine Custom Stack Plus
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine Single Coil
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Auxiliary Switching: Push/Push on Tone 2 Bypasses 5-Way Switch and Defaults to Position 4
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Pickup Covers: White
- Strap Buttons: Vintage-Style
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Switch Tip: White
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Molded Case