Fender American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
The Fender American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
When Don Randall at Fender Sales requested a more sophisticated, high-end bass model, the now iconic Jazz Bass was the result. The neck was narrower at the nut, providing a faster and more effortless feel and the sleek new body style mirrored the offset contoured style of the Jazzmaster. By 1966, evolution of the instrument reached new heights with striking new features.
The American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass features a comfortable “U” shape hard rock maple neck, and it plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1966, this J-Bass is offered with white neck binding, pearl dots, two volume controls with master tone, matching painted headstock and 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard. The 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles, vintage-style “lollipop” tuners and Pure Vintage ‘66 Jazz Bass pickups deliver classic thump and style.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
If you have any questions about this Fender American Vintage II 1966 Jazz Bass, then give us a call or chat today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 885978734412
- MODEL: 0190170800
- COLOR: 3-Color Sunburst
- BODY FINISH: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE: Jazz Bass
- BODY MATERIAL: Alder
- HEADSTOCK: Jazz Bass
- NECK MATERIAL: Maple
- NECK FINISH: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE: 1966 "U"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION: 4-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS: White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- SIDE DOTS: Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- FRET SIZE: Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH: 34" (86.36 cm)
- TRUSS ROD: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT: Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- MIDDLE PICKUP: Pure Vintage '66 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION: SS
- CONTROLS: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- SWITCHING: None
- BRIDGE: Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING: 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- PICKGUARD: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- PICKUP COVERS: Black
- CONTROL KNOBS: Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Pure Vintage ‘Lollipop’
- STRING TREES: Vintage-Style Disc
- STRINGS: Fender USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges),
- NECK PLATE: 4-Bolt Serialized with "F" Logo
- STRAP BUTTONS: Vintage-Style
- CASE: Vintage-Style Black (Orange Interior) Included