Fender American Original '60s Stratocaster Electric Guitar in 3-Color Sunburst
It features a lacquer finished alder body, a round-laminated rosewood fretboard on a thick "60s C"-shaped maple neck and three Pure Vintage '65 single-coil Stratocaster pickups.
A period of change, both for Fender and for pop culture as a whole, the 1960s saw the Strat mellow slightly as it grew up. The white pickguard was updated to mint green, and the fingerboard was switched from the original maple to rosewood, adding a smoother note to the Strat's clear, articulate voice. The American Original '60s Stratocaster keeps these refinements intact while adding modern feel and pickup switching to the iconic instrument that helped birth guitar rock as we know it.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage '65 single-coil Stratocaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The thick "'60s C" neck profile and the 9.5"-radius fingerboard enhances playability. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a six-point synchronized tremolo bridge- vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood "breathe" naturally with resonant tone, it also ages in a distinctively appealing way.
The American Original '60s Stratocaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the choice of legends.
If you have any questions about this Fender Original Stratocaster, give us a call today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 885978820863
- Model Name: American Original '60s Stratocaster®, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
- Model #: 0110120800
- Series: American Original
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Thick C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume
- Case: Hardshell case included