Darkglass Microtubes 900 Bass Head Amplifier.
It is a 900W single input, two-channel bass head with an all analog preamplifier, Class D Power Module and many incredible features such as the Microtubes Engine operating before the clean section to add natural compression, variable levels of saturation and organic harmonic enhancement.
* The Microtubes 900™ will only work with our proprietary Intelligent Footswitch (included with the amplifier). A generic Footswitch will not work with the Microtubes 900.
If you have any questions about the Darkglass Microtubes 900 bass head, give us a call today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 881314190522
- Model: DAR-MICRO900
- 900-Watt Bass Guitar Amp Head
- All-analog preamplifier
- Class D Power Module
- FRONT PANEL FEATURES:
- Input: Connect your instrument via a standard ¼” mono cable.
- Passive/Active: Switch from passive to active mode. Some active basses can have a hotter signal output which can make the amp distort early (feel free to use it on Passive move even with active basses if such additional distortion is desired).
- Microtubes: Turns on or off the Microtubes Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage.
- The Microtubes Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 4 Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping in addition to the Tone knob described below).
- Drive: Controls the amount of distortion that the Microtubes Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft warm overdrive to a massive modern distorted tone.
- Tone: Controls the high harmonic content of the Microtubes Engine via a variable low pass filter: crank it up for additional attack and definition or dim it down for a smoother sound. This is handy if running bright clean EQ settings or cabinets with tweeters.
- Level: Controls the Microtubes Engine’s output volume.
- Blend: Mixes between the Clean signal and the Distortion signal (Microtubes Engine).
- B3K/VMT: Selects between two overdrive voicings: B3K mode will deliver an aggressive, percussive sound while the VMT will bring up the mids for a warmer, more neutral character.
- Gain: Changes the volume of the signal the Active 4 Band EQ. You can set it low prior to ensuring the cleanest operation possible or set it higher for more aggressive growl.
- Bass: +-12dB at 80Hz. Changes the low content of the signal.
- Low Mids: +-12dB of the selected frequency via the LOW MIDS ƒ switch (described below). Changes the lower mid content of the signal.
- Low Mids ƒ: Use this switch to change the frequency of the low mid band from 250Hz, 500Hz or 1kHZ.
- Hi Mids: +-12dB of the selected frequency via the HI MIDS ƒ switch (described below). Changes the higher mid content of the signal.
- Hi Mids ƒ: Use this switch to change the frequency of the hi mid band from 750Hz, 1.5kHz and 3kHZ.
- Treble: +-12dB at 5kHz. Changes the high content of the signal.
- Master: Controls the overall volume of the amplifier.
- Mute: Mutes the amplifier.
- BACK PANEL FEATURES:
- Speaker Output: Connects the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or ¼” speaker cable operation.
- *WARNING: Do not use an instrument cable with this jack. Using an instrument cable can damage your amplifier.
- Min-Load: Press when using a 2Ω load. You can use this control to lower the output if your 4Ω cabinet is not able to handle more than 500W (you can also get 350W with an 8Ω cabinet in this configuration).
- Pre Amp Out: This output connects the preamp to a different power amp.
- Power Amp In: Use this input to connect a different preamp to the power amp. (master volume will be disabled)
- Post-Pre: Selects what signal will be delivered by the DI output. Selecting PRE, sends a clean copy of your input bass signal. Selecting POST delivers a signal processed by the preamp of the amp (gain, distortion, eq, master, etc.)
- Ground Lift: Lifts the ground of the DI XLR output. If a ground noise in you DI signal is experienced, try changing the setting of this control.
- Balanced Output: Connects the Microtubes 900™ preamplifier to balanced equipment (mic preamp, console, recorder, compressor, audio interface, etc.) via a standard XLR jack.
- Footswitch (included): The Footswitch allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Microtubes Engine. Hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The VMT/B3K push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.
- * Use a regular mono instrument cable to connect the amplifier to the footswitch.
- * Remove the cable from the footswitch jack in the rear panel if you want to control the amp from the front panel.
- * The Microtubes 900™ will only work with our proprietary Intelligent Footswitch (included with the amplifier). A generic Footswitch will not work with the Microtubes 900.
- AC Socket: Connects the power cord to the amplifier.
- AC Power ON/OFF: Turns the amplifier on or off.
- Made in Finland