DescriptionTaylor Builder’s Edition 652ce Grand Concert 12-String Acoustic Electric Guitar
Putting Maple on the 12-String Map
A reverse-strung setup produces a fuller, meatier sound that’s exceptionally pitch-friendly, while compact dimensions and electric guitar-inspired contouring elevate the playing comfort.
Joining the growing family of master-crafted Builder’s Edition guitars, this 652ce is a 12-string for a new generation of acoustic guitarists. Built with figured Big Leaf maple for the back and sides with a torrefied Sitka spruce top, this model’s shimmering, octave-rich tone benefits from maple’s clarity and focus, offering an expressive, easily-recorded sound that will inspire players to expand their sonic palette.
V-Class bracing delivers a unique boost in the 12-string configuration, adding texture and tonal bloom as notes resonate with increased sustain and power, while the guitar takes on additional punch resulting from the reversed string orientation. Placing the fundamental string at the top of each pair adds warmth and body, and our new double-mounted string anchoring system provides cleaner intonation with each string crossing the saddle at the same point.
Our special roasting process draws a more aged-in, sweetened response from the torrefied spruce top, and the 12-fret setup brings the bridge closer to the center of the lower bout for stronger midrange presence and a slinkier, more relaxed feel for your fretting hand. This 652ce is appointed to deliver a playing experience that matches its robust tone, with chamfered body and fretboard edges, a smooth Curve Wing bridge, and beveled armrest and cutaway providing a truly fluid, intimate connection between player and instrument.
Like many of its Builder’s Edition counterparts, this 12-string is finished in a Silent Satin sheen that reduces incidental noise for clean recordings, along with Scepter inlays in shell and mother-of-pearl for an artful, eye-catching visual character. It ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe Taylor hardshell case.
If you have any questions about this stunning Taylor 652ce Builder’s Edition Grand Concert acoustic electric guitar today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 887766105718
- Model: Builder’s Edition 652ce
- Body: Grand Concert 12 Fret Body Shape
- Top wood: Torrefied Sitka Spruce top
- Body wood: Big leaf maple back and sides
- Electronics: ES2
- Scale Length: 24 7/8 inches
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite nut, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Number of Frets: 18
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 Antique Gold
- Body Length: 19 1/2 inches
- Body Width: 15 inches
- Body Depth: 4 3/8 inches
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2 piece
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Sides Finish: Silent Satin
- Rosette Material: Maple
- Stain/Sunburst: natural top, wild honey burst back and sides
- Neck Width: 1-7/8 inches
- Fretboard Inlay: Shell and mop Scepter
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: Chambered body and neck edge
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: The Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Bridge: West African Ebony in curve wing shape
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2 inches
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Shell and mop Scepter
- Peghead Logo: Shell and mop
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge Nanoweb Reverse Strung
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown