Nord Piano 4 HA-88 digital piano with an 88-key Triple Sensor keybed and Virtual Hammer Action Technology.
The fourth generation of our award-winning Piano series combines greatly expanded voice polyphony, a premium Triple Sensor keybed and our acclaimed Virtual Hammer Action Technology for the ultimate piano experience.
The Nord Piano 4 also includes brilliant new performance features like Seamless Transitions, dedicated Piano Filters and Split Point Crossfades delivering a live focused keyboard with exceptional piano feel.
The Nord Piano 4 has dedicated knobs and buttons for all essential functions required in a live performance situation. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished in seconds.
The enhanced Piano section features a broad selection of our latest acoustic, electric and digital pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library, greatly expanded voice polyphony and creative new Piano Filters.
The Nord Piano 4 factory bank contains our latest Grands, Uprights, Electric Pianos and Digital Pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library - all handpicked for their unique characters! Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments with breathtaking realism.
All sounds can easily be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager. Our exclusive Nord Piano Library is constantly updated with new unique world class sounds, and always free of charge.
Advanced String Resonance
Our unique Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on our Upright and Grand piano sounds.
Creative Piano Filters
Providing an additional level of sonic control, the Piano Section now features dedicated piano filters for accentuating softness, mid or brilliance.
Virtual Hammer Action Technology
The exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology, introduced with Nord Piano 3, simulates the hammer movements in a Grand Piano delivering outstanding authenticity and dynamic response. The Triple Sensor keybed allows key movements to be determined with stunning precision. The result is a keyboard action that handles dynamic playing with amazing control at any velocity level.
The Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology enables you to produce a new note without lifting the key completely. This allows for smoother repetitions as the tone is not completely dampened between the strokes, similar to the fluent transitions possible on a Grand Piano.
Extended Triggering Range
The new keyboard technology makes both top and bottom triggering possible, resulting in amazing control when playing percussively as well as pianissimo with the keys half-pressed down.
GRAND WEIGHTED ACTION
The keybed has added weight for improved dynamic control providing authentic Piano touch and feel. The individual Fatar keybeds are meticulously calibrated at the Nord factory to ensure an even response over the whole range.
Nord Triple Pedal with Dynamic Pedal Noise
The included Nord Triple Pedal includes Soft and Sostenuto Pedals in addition to a unique Dynamic Sustain Pedal. The Triple Pedal also enables our Pedal Noise feature that dynamically simulates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism.
A Soft Release-mode adds a slightly longer release, more suitable for legato playing, emulating a looser damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument.
3 dynamic curves are available to suit your playing style, from soft to hard.
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
The Sample Synth Section features expanded memory for the Nord Sample Library 3.0 and extended voice polyphony.
The Sample Synth Section contains a great selection of high quality sounds from the Nord Sample Library 3.0 including the exclusively licensed sounds of the legendary Mellotron and Chamberlin. All sounds can be quickly replaced using the Nord Sound Manager.
The Sample Synth is equipped with essential controls for attack, decay/release and dynamics (filter/velocity). A unique Nord feature allows you to create your own samples using the free Nord Sample Editor software for Windows and Mac.
The Effect section features a great selection of instantly tweakable high quality stereo effects modeled after classic stomp boxes. All effects can be assigned freely to the Piano or Sample Synth section.
Effects 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Panel Effects
Wah-wah and Ring Modulator. All effects can be controlled with a Control Pedal.
Effects 2 - Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, a new Vibe effect and two selectable depths for each effect.
Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button
Equalizer - Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Compressor and a new Tube Overdrive effect.
Reverb with three modes - Room, Stage, and Hall each with a Bright option.
Connect your MP3 or CD player to the rear panel Nord Piano 4 monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal will be monitored through the headphone output.
If you have any questions about the Nord Piano 4 digital piano, give us a call today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- GTIN: 834035001424
- Part #: 10882 Model: Piano 4 HA88
- Nord Piano 4 - 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Seamless Transitions NEW
- Layer and Split with Split Point crossfades NEW
- OLED display excellent overview
- Enhanced Organize Mode NEW
- Numeric Pad for direct Program access NEW
- Piano Section
- Greatly expanded Polyphony (120 voices) NEW
- Creative Piano Filters NEW
- 1 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 3 Dynamic Curves
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal (included)
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- Sample Synth
- Greatly expanded Polyphony NEW
- 512 MB Memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0 NEW
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release and dynamic controls Effects
- High quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with Bright Mode NEW
- OLED Display
- Seamless Transitions
- Split Point Crossfades
- 16 banks with 25 programs - 400 locations
- Organize functionality for programs
- Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 3 velocity response curves
- Triple Sensor keybed with Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Split functionality with selectable split point and LED indication
- Layer functionality
- Mono Output option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- Free OS updates
- PIANO SECTION
- 6 types - Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos, Digital, Layer, Clavinet and Harpsichord.
- Each category can contain up to 20 different models.
- 120 Voice Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- Piano Filters (Soft, Mid, Bright)
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - adjustable amount
- Selectable Soft Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - adjustable amount
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
- SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
- 30+ Voice Polyphony
- Amp envelope with Attack and Decay/Release
- Selectable velocity sensitive low pass filter and dynamic range
- Octave transpose: -1/+1 (-6/+6 in Split mode, depending on Split position)
- Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- Approx. 1 GB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 512 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 3.0
- EFFECTS SECTION
- Effect 1
- Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Effect 2
- Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Two selectable depths for each effect
- Amp Simulations, Comp and EQ
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Master Effects
- Dedicated Reverb with Room, Stage and Hall algorithms, each with an additional Bright mode
- Dedicated Delay Effect - Rate, Amount and Tap-tempo function
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6.35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3.5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6.35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Piano pedal input - ¼", 6.35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- 1 Volume Pedal input - ¼", 6.35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES
- Nord Triple Pedal
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Piano Library v5 DVD-ROM
- Nord Piano 4 Update History
- v2.00 (2019-02-01)
- New features:
- Support for version 6 .npno files
- Piano Equalizer settings
- Two “Dyno” settings for tine EPs are introduced in the Piano Equalizer section, indicated by the two top LEDs or two bottom LEDs being lit, respectively.
- Note: These settings require version 6 EP sounds.
- Soft, Mid and Bright filters for EPs have been adjusted to specifically suit these sounds.
- Soft setting for acoustic pianos has been changed. This is now not a filter but instead adjusts the response of the piano for a soft sound.
- Other updates:
- Could not select a new piano when "Piano not found" was shown. Fixed
- If all samples had been removed and a new sample was added, it was not possible to select the new sample. Fixed
- String Resonance did not work for notes held with Sostenuto pedal. Fixed
- Definitions of Open/Closed for pedals in menu were reversed. Fixed
- Subtle static occurred when changing Pan/Trem amount using pedal. Fixed
- Quickly moving a program in Organize list could cause inadvertent reordering of programs. Fixed
- Clavinet now does not use the middle keyboard switch
- v1.02 (2018-06-29)
- Delay Tempo can now be adjusted by pressing Tempo button and turning Delay Dry/Wet knob.
- Reverb effect was adjusted.
- Clicks could occur when changing Delay Tempo. Fixed.
- Piano notes could hang when activating KBD Split or turning Piano section Off/On. Fixed.
- v1.00 (2018-06-27)
- First OS release.