Here we have a new Taylor Builder's Edition 717e WHB Grand Pacific acoustic electric guitar in Wild Honey Burst with a hardshell case.
Builder's Edition 717e WHB
A Wild Honey Burst top and low-sheen finish heighten the old-soul aesthetic appeal of this Builder’s Edition Grand Pacific, which builds on a long tradition of rosewood/spruce dreadnoughts but breaks new ground with an entirely new Taylor sound. The round-shoulder dreadnought shape, featuring Taylor’s award-winning V-Class bracing, produces warm, seasoned acoustic tone in which individual notes overlap and blend smoothly together, while the low-end power common among dreadnoughts boasts greater clarity here. V-Class brings extra punch and sustain, along with improved intonation and musicality across the entire frequency spectrum. Together with rosewood’s harmonic complexity and the played-in sound of the torrefied spruce top, players can expect rich, luxurious tonal character from top to bottom. It’s a voice comfortably rooted in a traditional sound, yet updated to offer more expressive musical range. As a Builder’s Edition model, the 717 also sports an array of premium, player-friendly features: chambered body edges, rolled fretboard edges, and a new compound-carve neck profile, whose contours match the natural adjustments in the player’s hand position when moving up and down the fretboard. Even the bridge design was refined to add a more ergonomic feel for the player’s pick hand. Elegantly understated appointments include mother-of-pearl Arrowhead fretboard and peghead inlays, with sapele binding. It all adds up to a Taylor like you’ve never seen, heard or felt before.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out a new Taylor Builder's Edition 717e WHB Grand Pacific acoustic electric guitar today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 887766093862
- Model: Builder’s Edition 717e
- Body: Grand Pacific
- Stain/Sunburst: Wild Honey Burst Top
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Body wood: Indian rosewood
- Cutaway: None
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Body Length: 20”
- Body Width: 16”
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Body Binding/Edge Treatment: Sapele
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Black Sapele/Maple
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral