This is the brand new Korg Minilogue XD, 37-key Polyphonic Analog Synthesizes. KORG presented the Minilogue XD at this year's Winter NAMM show.
An evolved next-generation analog synthesizer with huge potential for sound design and performance.
Analog synthesizer circuit that shatters expectations for its class - Four-voice polyphonic analog synthesis. The analog synthesizer circuit of the minilogue, whose genuine analog sound had a huge impact on the synth world, has been further developed for the minilogue xd.
Voice structure of minilogue xd is 2VCO + MULTI ENGINE, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA, and 1LFO. In addition to the distinctive circuits found in the series, such as wave shaping to shape the overtones of the oscillator and a sync/ring switch, there's also cross modulation, a sharp two-pole filter, and a drive switch that adds thickness and drives signal into minilogue xd’s filter. Every parameter has been tuned in detail based on what musicians want out of their synth. The sounds range from the warm pads typical of analog to fat basses and crisp lead sounds, covering every situation.
Of course, programs that you create can also be saved in the unit. Out of the box, minilogue xd comes loaded with 200 presets, and a total of 500 programs can be saved.
Equipped with a digital multi-engine - The additional sound design possibilities of digital sound are delivered by the multi-engine that's provided as a third oscillator in addition to the two analog VCOs. This engine, which is equipped with three different types of sound generator (noise, VPM, and user slot) lets you take advantage of a sonic character that's different than analog, and use it at the same time as the analog engine, infinitely expanding the potential of hybrid sound design.
Noise generator - The noise generator provides four types of noise that are indispensable for percussive sounds or for sound effects. You can use the digital filter to directly change the color of the noise.
VPM oscillator - minilogue xd’s multi-engine features a VPM (Variable Phase Modulation)/FM oscillator with a two-operator structure. It can produce sharp, metallic sounds with complex overtones beyond the possibilities offered by analog systems. With 16 types of oscillator and a SHAPE knob control, you'll be able to create complex sounds intuitively.
User oscillators - Allows you to load your own oscillator programs that you created or obtained via the internet. There are 16 user slots, as well as one type of morphing wavetable oscillator provided as a preset.
Micro Tuning - The micro tuning function featured on the monologue, allows you to individually adjust the pitch of each key. Built in are 23 preset tunings but users can also create and store six user scales and six user octaves.
- Keyboard: 37 Keys (Slim-Key, Velocity Sensitive)
- Sound Generation: Analog Sound Generator + Multi-Engine Digital Sound Generator (Noise, VPM, User)
- Polyphony: 4 Voices
- Programs: 500 Programs (200 Factory, 300 User)
- Voice Mode: 4 (Poly, Unison, Chord, Arp/Latch)
- Voice Mode Depth: Allows Different Parameters to be Varied for Each Mode
- Sequencer: 16-Step Polyphonic Sequencer Motion Sequence can be Used on up to Four Parameters
- Arpeggiator: 6 Types: Manual, Rise, Fall, Rise Fall, Random, Poly Random)
- Tempo and Note Range Can Be Changed
- Synthesizer Structure VCO1: Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Octave, Pitch, Shape
- VCO2: Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Octave, Pitch, Shape
- Modulation: Sync, Ring, Cross Mod Depth
- Multi-Engine: Noise/VPM/User, Octave, Type, Shape
- Multi-Engine Types:
- Noise Generator: 4 types
- VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) / FM Oscillator: 16 Types
- User Oscillator: 16 slots
- Mixer: VCO1, VCO2, Multi
- VCF: Cutoff, Resonance, Drive, Keytrack
- AMP EG: Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- EG: Attack, Decay, EG Int, Target (Pitch, Pitch2, Cutoff)
- LFO: Wave (Saw, Triangle, Square), Mode (BPM, Normal, 1-Shot), Rate, Int, Target (Pitch, Shape, Cutoff)
- Chorus: 8 Types
- Ensemble: 3 Types
- Phaser: 8 Types
- Flanger: 8 Types
- User: 16 Slots
- Delay:12 Types
- User: 8 Slots
- Reverb: 10 Types
- User: 8 Slots
- Joystick: Modifies Parameters for Each Program
- Knobs: Portamento
- Main: Real-Time OLED Oscilloscope Provides Visual Feedback of Parameter Changes
- Multi-Engine Section: 7-Segment 6-Digit LED Display
- Inputs and Outputs-
- Stereo Headphone: 1/4" / 6.35 mm TRS
- Output (Left/Mono, Right) 2 x 1/4" / 6.35 mm TS
- Sync In: 1/8" / 3.5 mm (Maximum Input Level 20 V)
- Sync Out: 1/8" / 3.5 mm (Output Level 5 V)
- CV In: 2 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm
- MIDI: USB Type-B
- TS MIDI I/O: 2 x 5-pin DIN
- Damper/Sustain Jack: 1/4" / 6.35 mm (Half Damper is Not Supported)
- Control Voltage Inputs CV Connector Voltages:
- Modulation Mode: -5 to +5 V
- CV/Gate Mode: -3 to +5 V
- Power Supply: 9 VDC Adapter
- Power Consumption: 8 W