Taylor offers up this incredible limited edition 914ce Grand Auditorium acoustic electric guitar featuring a sinker redwood top and Macassar Ebony body.
Our 900 Series stands out as our most luxurious class of rosewood guitars, blending a raft of tone-enhancing details with premium aesthetic features. The 914ce acoustic-electric Grand Auditorium boasts V-Class bracing, which functions as a new sonic engine for the guitar. Not only does it enhance the volume and sustain, it also changes the soundboard movement in a way that improves the guitar’s natural intonation, or “in-tuneness.” The result is more power in the upper register and more harmonic agreement between all fretted notes, which helps chord voicings sing like never before. Players who love the deep lows and sparkling highs of rosewood will appreciate how well behaved the overtones are as notes bloom. Premium features include a beveled ebony armrest that makes your picking/strumming arm more comfortable, along with Gotoh 510 tuners, whose 21:1 gear ratio allows for precise tuning. Refined appointments include ebony binding, our Ascension fretboard/peghead inlay in paua and pearl, a paua rosette with koa and ebony purfling, and paua/koa trim along much of the body and neck. All V-Class guitars feature a black graphite nut and a new guitar label that bears the signature of master guitar designer Andy Powers.
A customer favorite for its origins, sinker redwood soundboards are sliced from huge old-growth redwood logs reclaimed from the depths of Northern California rivers, where they’ve lain in many cases for more than a century. The tops typically display a rich spectrum of variegation, the result of colors uniquely imparted from silt and the mineral-rich water. The age and size of these trees translates into a tight grain with nice cross-grain stiffness, so it will tend to have a fairly bold response, with a brilliance complemented by warm overtones similar to cedar. In fact, it’s often characterized around the Taylor complex as "cedar on steroids."
Goes well with: Players who like the warm overtones of cedar with a little extra brightness and headroom. It pairs well with rosewood and mahogany, and looks striking when visually matched with Macassar ebony.
If you have any questions, give us a call or stop by to check out this stunning limited edition Taylor 914ce with a sinker rosewood top today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 887766107217
- Model: 914ce LTD
- Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Top Wood: Sinker Redwood
- Body Wood: Macassar Ebony
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class with Relief Rout
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh Antique Gold 510
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding: Ebony/Koa/Abalone
- Top Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Back Config: 2-piece
- Backstrap Finish: Gloss
- Rosette Size: 2014 800 Series
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Armrest Binding: Macassar Ebony
- Backstrap Wood: Match Binding
- Neck Width: 1-3/4”
- Fretboard Inlay: Ascension, Green Abalone/Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Crelicam West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2”
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: West African Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Koa
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Ascension
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown