DescriptionTaylor 652ce WHB Builder’s Edition Grand Concert Acoustic Electric Guitar with Case
Builder's Edition 652ce WHB
Joining the growing family of master-crafted Builder’s Edition guitars, this 652ce is a 12-string for a new generation of acoustic guitarists. Built with figured Big Leaf maple for the back and sides with a torrefied Sitka spruce top, this model’s shimmering, octave-rich tone benefits from maple’s clarity and focus, offering an expressive, easily-recorded sound that will inspire players to expand their sonic palette.
V-Class bracing delivers a unique boost in the 12-string configuration, adding texture and tonal bloom as notes resonate with increased sustain and power, while the guitar takes on additional punch resulting from the reversed string orientation. Placing the fundamental string at the top of each pair adds warmth and body, and our new double-mounted string anchoring system provides cleaner intonation with each string crossing the saddle at the same point.
Our special roasting process draws a more aged-in, sweetened response from the torrefied spruce top, and the 12-fret setup brings the bridge closer to the center of the lower bout for stronger midrange presence and a slinkier, more relaxed feel for your fretting hand. This 652ce is appointed to deliver a playing experience that matches its robust tone, with chamfered body and fretboard edges, a smooth Curve Wing bridge, and beveled armrest and cutaway providing a truly fluid, intimate connection between player and instrument.
Like many of its Builder’s Edition counterparts, this 12-string is finished in an edgburst-hued Silent Satin sheen that reduces incidental noise for clean recordings, along with Scepter inlays in shell and mother-of-pearl for an artful, eye-catching visual character. It ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe Taylor hardshell case.
Note: Builder's Edition guitars are currently not available in left-handed configurations.
If you have any questions about Taylor guitars and accessories, give us a call today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 887766105619
- Model: Builder's Edition 652ce WHB
- Body shape: Grand Concert
- Top wood: Sitka spruce
- Body wood: Maple
- Cutaway: Beveled
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 18
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Body Length: 19 1/2"
- Body Width: 15"
- Body Depth: 4 3/8"
- Body Binding/Edge Treatment: None
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: Beveled, Neo-Tropical
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Big Leaf Maple
- Stain/Sunburst: Wild Honey Burst Top/Back/Sides/Neck
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: Yes
- Neck Width: 1-7/8"
- Fretboard Inlay: Scepter, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Scarf: Neck/HeelHard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length:L 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Scepter, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: Maple
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown