Taylor 618e Grand Orchestra Acoustic Electric Guitar in Antique Blonde with a Sitka spruce top, Maple body, V-Class bracing and Taylor Expression System 2 electronics.
At the vanguard of our newly revoiced Grand Orchestra body shape, the 618e establishes a new style of bold, powerful acoustic tone within the Taylor line. Solid maple back and sides lend this big-bodied powerhouse a focused, transparent sound that adapts and reflects the style of the player, while a solid Sitka spruce top adds brilliance and clarity. The transformative introduction of V-Class bracing into the Grand Orchestra body offers players a more robust, vivid tonal response, with greater volume and sustain alongside heightened clarity and musicality that make this model even more player-reflective and a versatile choice for musicians across styles. The touch-sensitive response balances out serious headroom and projection so that players can explore a wide dynamic range without losing balance or fading out of a mix. Appointments for this 600 Series model include maple binding with koa purfling, a single-ring paua rosette, mother-of-pearl Mission inlays, and a gloss finish treated with an Antique Blonde finish for the top, back and sides. To preserve the traditional look and feel of this jumbo-style guitar, we’ve chosen to build it without a cutaway. The 618e ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe Western Floral hardshell case.
If you have any questions about the Taylor 618e Grand Orchestra Acoustic Electric Guitar, give us a call or chat today.
Available at Ken Stanton Music.
- UPC: 887766105763
- Model: 618e, V-Class
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: Dark Stained Maple
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Body Length: 20 5/8"
- Body Width: 16 3/4"
- Body Depth: 5"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Rock Maple
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back Configuration: 2-piece, No Wedge
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 6.0
- Rosette Material: Paua
- Stain/Sunburst: Antique Blonde
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Mission
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Koa
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Mission, Celluloid/Shell, Grained Ivoroid/Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral